What lights?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Trail Child

I just ordered a new front light because I'm finding my headlamp not bright enough for me. Also, because it's on my helmet, it's not visible every time I shoulder check. I had to order a new back light also because someone took my old one!

potsy

Rambler
Got myself a Lunar R1 to use as my main rear light now, along with a 1/2 Watt on flash this should get me noticed alright.
Despite not needing any more front light (Moon 500, 2 Hope vision 1's) I still keep looking at the Lezyne mega-drive 1000 lumen light, must resist :whistle:

DougieAB

Getting the messages
Think I will go for the CREE XM-L T6 LED 1200 Lumen Bike/Head Lights from www.candb-seen.co.uk/
Reviews of the light and of the website are all good. None in stock till later this week so will see what comes in, even the 1000 lumen light looks up to the job (and it is £4 cheaper going direct than through Amazon )

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
they are exactly the same as the other clones(you can buy them from DX direct), just a different style of head unit. Unsure on quality of battery packs with these as that is the weak point in them all. I myself however is considering just buying two torches with mounts plus a charger. Have managed to liberate some 18650 batterys from old laptops pity they are only 2.2mAh rating rather than 2.8-2.9 jobs but should do me just now. Just waiting on pay day and then onto ebay I go. Was waiting on Torchy but he appears to have nill stock of the dual torches setup he was selling?

Col5632

Guru
they are exactly the same as the other clones(you can buy them from DX direct), just a different style of head unit. Unsure on quality of battery packs with these as that is the weak point in them all. I myself however is considering just buying two torches with mounts plus a charger. Have managed to liberate some 18650 batterys from old laptops pity they are only 2.2mAh rating rather than 2.8-2.9 jobs but should do me just now. Just waiting on pay day and then onto ebay I go. Was waiting on Torchy but he appears to have nill stock of the dual torches setup he was selling?

I don't know whats happened to the stock he was meant to have up by now :hyper:

rovers1875

Veteran
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1200-Lume...ike_Lights&hash=item4601c5b6ce#ht_3555wt_1163

I just had this drop through the post - Will get some pics up soon. It's looks the same as the one I bought last year but the LED is smaller.

For £20 though it's a bargain.

I've got two of these. 1 bought 12 months ago and one this Sept. I have one for distance and one for closer. You won;t get much better for the money. Even if they only last the wimter you will have had your monies worth.

Crankarm

Guru
It might not be 3000 but it is close. It is brighter than my cars, after market, halogen headlight on main beam(which is 2100 lumen), lighting the road ahead for at least a couple of hundred of metres and it seems well made. Will see how it survives a British winter.

The same has been written about Magicshine when it first appeared but mine are still going strong after two years, people have even written the same about the Magicshine clones but a couple of mine is over a year old, all my lights are ridden in all weathers. The "cheapo on Ebay" lights tend to be abit hit and miss as regards to quality that is why I bought from an established dealer like Torchy Boy, who seems to have good knowledge of what he is selling.

I doubt it. Do you have any calibrated light measuring equipment?

BSRU

A Human Being
Do you have any calibrated light measuring equipment?
Yes I always carry it in my pannier just in case:tongue:.
It is an extremely bright light, not to be used when any other road users are around.
It seems well made, a long run time and at 135 pounds sterling it is good value for money.
From beamshot comparisons it is only surpassed by the Night Rider lights which are 500 pounds.
But this is just my opinion born out of my experiences and internet research.

Wooliferkins

Busch & Muller Ixon IQ for me on the front. I've been using the Smart 7 led on the rear for a few years and was going to upgrade to the excellent Smart 1/2 watt. then I saw the Lezyne Micro Drive very bright, USB rechargeable, downside 2-2.5hr burn time, upside very pretty. I know I'm shallow

Nebulous

Guru
Like somebody else above - looking for lights is giving me a headache! I've been on holiday, came back to a clock change and have some tired cheap lights. So timescale is a factor, I'm not wanting to wait weeks for delivery! I had been ready to order a Hope 1. I like AA batteries and we have lots of rechargeable already.

However Halfords have a minewt cordless 350 for about £67.50 after their 25% and BC discounts. Anyone used it? Main caveat in reviews seems to be run time, but it would largely do me if I get a good recharging routine going.

Top Bottom