What lights?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Crankarm

Guru
I am a big fan of Exposure lights but I have to disagree with you about the Max D which is essentially an off road light for which it suits admirably. Any front light that has a circular beam, unless it is a spot which is useless on the road anyway, is by definition designed to scatter light in all directions. The Exposure Strada has a lense constructed to throw a beam exactly like that of a car headlight, it also has a full beam which when switched on is not unlike the Max D.
What I find amazing is how people get sucked in to believing that the more lumens a light has, the better it will perform, I know you will understand this analogy, it is like saying vehicles with big engines go faster.

Sorry TF but what tosh. Either you can't afford a Max D or you are a tight wad. Have you actually ever owned a Max D light? I have no experience of the Strada, all I know it is cheaper and less powerful = inferior. The Max D has an excellent beam, it does not spread light in all directions and means you can ride at night at speed and actually see everything in your path. It has a very large central beam and then one each side like a dipped car head light. It is awesome. I occasionally ride along side others and chat to other cyclists riding the GBW in the dark who have cheaper (but not really that cheap) and less powerful lights and their lights are woeful in comparison and they always comment that they can't believe how bright it is and how much more they can see when I am riding alongside them. What is there not to like? Go figure.

Col5632

Guru
Sorry TF but what tosh. Either you can't afford a Max D or you are a tight wad. Have you actually ever owned a Max D light? I have no experience of the Strada, all I know it is cheaper and less powerful = inferior. The Max D has an excellent beam, it does not spread light in all directions and means you can ride at night at speed and actually see everything in your path. It has a very large central beam and then one each side like a dipped car head light. It is awesome. I occasionally ride along side others and chat to other cyclists riding the GBW in the dark who have cheaper (but not really that cheap) and less powerful lights and their lights are woeful in comparison and they always comment that they can't believe how bright it is and how much more they can see when I am riding alongside them. What is there not to like? Go figure.

How much is the Max D?

Leaway2

Lycrist

Oh my Lord, It would be cheaper to get taxis to work :thumbsup:

I never, ever get personal on the forum unless I know that person well and then only through pm's. You don't know me or my background/experience but others on here do and I doubt on a face to face meeting with someone you have never met before your first words would be "what tosh". However we are in Cambridge often as we have many friends there, almost all of them cyclists so I am sure we could arrange a meet up and perhaps ride together. Of course my fixed bike is likely to be a lot cheaper than what you ride so by your definition will be inferior but let's give it a try anyway.
I digress again. To quote some of your quotes:
"What tosh"
"I have no experience of the Strada"
"Cheaper and less powerful = inferior"
"their lights are woeful"

Perhaps I should add that I, unlike you have seen both lights demonstrated.

By the way, what is GBW?

jaynana

bought a Fibre Flair tail light this weekend.

http://www.fibreflare.com/

original reason was that my previous Knogg got flooded.. or kept getting flooded. intention was to buy a good waterproof light.

but then eventually fell for how cool the Fibre Flair looked.. only hope its decently water proof.. without mudguards!! :blush:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!

original reason was that my previous Knogg got flooded.. or kept getting flooded. intention was to buy a good waterproof light.

but then eventually fell for how cool the Fibre Flair looked.. only hope its decently water proof.. without mudguards!! :blush:

Sorry but they aren't very waterproof. Keep the switched section at the top - you don't want water in that as it corrodes the switch. Mine failed that way.

jaynana

damn!! yeah its fixed with the switch at the top... the silicon sleeve looked far from waterproof.. that will save the switching side, but that still exposes the other end which also has a battery..

this silicon sleeve is exactly the issue with the previous KNOGG as well!

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.

no madguards fibre flares for me. i find them totally 'uncool' :becool:

Top Bottom