What lights?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
My neighbour on the other hand splashed out loads a cash on a Max D only for it to fail a year and half later! So expensive lights does not necessary mean they do not break but probably not very common.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
They are about the best light in that Price bracket. Had mine over 3 years now (I use 2) and they are bomb proof. Been through just about every form of weather, never ever let even the smallest amount of moisture into them.
Mine did succumb to water once- on the November 2009 FNRttC (very wet indeed) I hadn't quite screwed in the battery cover and it shut down mid ride. Got home, recharged the batteries, put them back in....everything worked fine. And it has been ever since.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
or buy those torches I linked too earlier and run them on max and get prob about 300 lumens out of each? All for £16 ^_^ The big brand makes do look good in all seriousness but does anyone actually care?

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
What would you recommend?
What's your budget?

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
These were £49.99 inc decent batteries and UK charger. He had cheaper listed at the time, iirc he had some for £39.99 and is a reputable ebayer. I use them on unlit country roads avg speed 15 - 16 mph. They last about 90 mins on level 1, I run them on level 3 and charge twice a week.

You could do worse than ask when next he'll have some.

Col5632

Guru
These were £49.99 inc decent batteries and UK charger. He had cheaper listed at the time, iirc he had some for £39.99 and is a reputable ebayer. I use them on unlit country roads avg speed 15 - 16 mph. They last about 90 mins on level 1, I run them on level 3 and charge twice a week.

You could do worse than ask when next he'll have some.

Its exactly the lights from the same seller i was looking for, asked him last week if he was getting them back in and he said in the next week or so, so these come recommened do they?

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Its exactly the lights from the same seller i was looking for, asked him last week if he was getting them back in and he said in the next week or so, so these come recommened do they?
I am entirely happy with them (for the money make that de-lighted) and bought them having read recommendations here and elsewhere for both him, his lights, his batteries and his chargers....

Top Bottom