What lights?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Col5632

Guru
you have a XML -T6 head unit already? If so can get battery packs for £14-£19 on the bay?

Well i actually bought this

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B004FEL7Y0/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00

O ring is useless as is the battery now, would be easier to have it neat i think

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
more or less the same as mine, for £30 odd quid its worth a punt they are cheap and the batteries supplied are poor. You can get a replacement battery and o-rings on the bay, consider that in your next purchase?

PJ79LIZARD

Über Member
Have you tried them? What's your thoughts?

received mine today, i compared it with my magicshine, its a whiter light to the magicshine, and seems to have a more of a focused beam, where as my magicshine is more of a spread beam. but i am impressed with its power. the strobe is very fast compared to my magishine. could well induce a fit lol. the glass has a rubber seal ring and a seal ring to the head unit, so should help with waterproofing, yet to test that. The wiring feels more flimsy compared to the magic shine, Ive secured the wire to the head unit to stop it flexing about so much, my thoughts are to much wiggling of this will break the connection, but the end of the day its alot cheaper in price than the magicshine. i'll be interested in seeing how much run time I'll get from a fully charged battery. In conclusion I think it's a good bright little light for the price. And I think the sellers selling them even cheaper now, £17.58 delivered.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
received mine today, i compared it with my magicshine, its a whiter light to the magicshine, and seems to have a more of a focused beam, where as my magicshine is more of a spread beam. but i am impressed with its power. the strobe is very fast compared to my magishine. could well induce a fit lol. the glass has a rubber seal ring and a seal ring to the head unit, so should help with waterproofing, yet to test that. The wiring feels more flimsy compared to the magic shine, Ive secured the wire to the head unit to stop it flexing about so much, my thoughts are to much wiggling of this will break the connection, but the end of the day its alot cheaper in price than the magicshine. i'll be interested in seeing how much run time I'll get from a fully charged battery. In conclusion I think it's a good bright little light for the price. And I think the sellers selling them even cheaper now, £17.58 delivered.

the wiring in the head unit was the second thing that want wrong with my set, I did manage to get in to try and solder the wire back on, but failed miserably ^_^ How did you secure the wiring to the head? Probably going to order a set today i think.

PJ79LIZARD

Über Member
I've used electrical tape, I've got to take it on a run and see what happens as I know the head units can generate some heat. If it fails I'll resort to my second favourite invention and cable tie it!

Col5632

Guru
more or less the same as mine, for £30 odd quid its worth a punt they are cheap and the batteries supplied are poor. You can get a replacement battery and o-rings on the bay, consider that in your next purchase?

Yeah i might do that, maybe use it as a head light or a spare :shy: Just got pretty fed up of it if im honest :angry:

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
just as an update bought this
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251161561...NX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649#ht_5144wt_917

for £24, price gone up now but think I will be returning it as its not very bright imo. Compared to my old one its not the same. When I briefly switched it on it was bright for about a second then it dimmed considerably ! Now with fully charged battery it is is still dim, so be packing it back up to send back I think. Wondering if it really is a xml t6??

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
just as an update bought this
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251161561...NX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649#ht_5144wt_917

for £24, price gone up now but think I will be returning it as its not very bright imo. Compared to my old one its not the same. When I briefly switched it on it was bright for about a second then it dimmed considerably ! Now with fully charged battery it is is still dim, so be packing it back up to send back I think. Wondering if it really is a xml t6??
It's been mentioned previously on the forums, they will buy large quantities of poor quality XML-T6 (or what ever emitter is being used) and they will not get anywhere near the rated output.

You pay top buck for some lights, and those companies buy the better quality emitters and get better light outputs.

Miquel In De Rain

No Longer Posting
Hmmm,don't use those anymore,use two different front lights which run on 1x18650 battery each.

That can't be 8000mah it must be 4000mah.Unless they are using the more expensive batteries,Usually they send 2000mah batteries or just over.Cheap crap.

Crankarm

Guru
oh defo not 8000 not that gullible :tongue: however I`m actually thinking of just asking for a refund and buying these instead http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220954131717#ht_3864wt_803

Waste of £14.99 IMHO. Buy a decent LED light such as Hope, Exposure or Lupine, etc.

I might buy a 2nd Max D, mark 5 this time, so will have 2800 Lumens (1200 +1600) to light the way, or could go for the Max D 6 LED giving 2000 Lumens!!!! I get club discount you see - 20% off which helps.

Reactions: gaz

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
we don`t all have the money to spend £200 + on a set of lights, however I do take your point. You do pay for what you get anyway shall see what happens with my refund. Think I should of taken the plunge on a couple of torches but maybe not those ones.

lb81

I got some from Decathlon which charge using a USB in 2 hours and shine for 4 hours. £20 the pair.

The front light has 2 brightness settings... I also have an LED Lenser P7 torch gaffer taped to an old bracket which came free with my head torch. The whole set up cost about £50. I could go off roading in the dark with all 3 front lights on inc head torch!

Top Bottom