What lights?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

StuartG

slower but further
Err ................. to get a much better light? Eg Exposure Max D. It's as good as my car headlights. The only thing better would be x2 of them.
I ride right with my tenner's worth all through the night Cranky in unlit countryside. Rarely do I have both on full power. I guess I just don't share your night vision problem. Maybe you are getting a bit old for this sort of thing ... :whistle:

If you need car light power at 17mph then I'm not sure you should be relying on them at 70 mph. Just sayin'

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
I ride right with my tenner's worth all through the night Cranky in unlit countryside. Rarely do I have both on full power. I guess I just don't share your night vision problem. Maybe you are getting a bit old for this sort of thing ... :whistle:

If you need car light power at 17mph then I'm not sure you should be relying on them at 70 mph. Just sayin'
I don't know about you, but I like to see far ahead of me when cycling on unlit roads.
7873360380_ac64500afa_k.jpg

StuartG

slower but further
I don't know about you, but I like to see far ahead of me when cycling on unlit roads.
I would rather have two less powerful lights than one very high powered as above. I've seen too many (including extremely expensive) fail in adverse conditions. Potentially fatal on unlit roads ...

How do you dip for oncoming vehicles? I normally have one 'dipped' and the other 'full beam' so it isn't a problem.

Downward

Guru
does it come with the battery and sundries as well? My original head unit ie that one you linked to is broken, so have good battery pack but no light! Was swithering about buying another or buy the small torches instead, they are neater .

Oh right sorrry skim read this

Yes it comes with light, battery and charger the whole lot

400bhp

Guru
http://www.7dayshop.com/7dayshop-bike-light-and-hand-torch-ultra-high-power-3-watt-cree-led-front-bicycle-flashlight-with-mount-blue-ring?q=cycle lights&sl=sl

You won't beat these cree lights for lumen/buck. I have two for night rides which gives me four levels of light and/or flashing with change for a tenner. My partner has another pair and I know folks with more. Can be safely removed in a second. Not a disaster if something happens to them. Each takes 3xAAA. I use rechargeables. They last ...

Why spend more?

I have a feeling the Aldi ones available tomorrow are made by Cree - certainly their torches on sale at the end of last year were. If they don't look too good I'm going to buy a couple of the sets you suggest.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
I would rather have two less powerful lights than one very high powered as above. I've seen too many (including extremely expensive) fail in adverse conditions. Potentially fatal on unlit roads ...

How do you dip for oncoming vehicles? I normally have one 'dipped' and the other 'full beam' so it isn't a problem.
That's why I run more than one light.
I dip by either turning the power down or by hovering my hand above the top half of the beam, not had a single complaint yet.

Col5632

Guru
Cant stop looking at lights and cant decide which one to go for

Is this one any good?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1000LM-Cr...isure_Cycling_Bike_Lights&hash=item3a7630ec8e

pac-man

cant beat cree xml t6's thats a lot of bang for your buck.. have been using 2 on the front for the last year with over 4.5 hours burn time on one charge at full power. no issues with water ingress. more importantly easy to recharge the battery as you don't need to remove of the bike (if you park in a garage with a power point nearly of course). have used lots of different lights in the past, some very expensive, but this is the best light by far.

as for rear light Fibre Flare.
http://www.wiggle.co.uk/fibre-flare-ultimate-safety-rear-tail-light-single/
a tad expensive, but worth every penny

Col5632

Guru
nice find two of those would do me fine but you still need buy a battery and charge Col!

Yeah but they sell that for £6 aswell, i just wasnt sure if the price was "too" good to be true :ohmy:

I wanted the same light from torchy boy but he seems to have sold out or not re-listed them again :shy:

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Col I had the XML -T6 head unit with battery pack posted elsewhere in this thread, was superb when it was working but all of these lights are cheap and build quality is suss to be honest. Mine is now deceased so using my old cateye triple shot (homebrewed with updated LEDs) however will be buying a replacement just not decided to go down the torch route (neat ) or stick with a new heaad unit?

Col5632

Guru
Col I had the XML -T6 head unit with battery pack posted elsewhere in this thread, was superb when it was working but all of these lights are cheap and build quality is suss to be honest. Mine is now deceased so using my old cateye triple shot (homebrewed with updated LEDs) however will be buying a replacement just not decided to go down the torch route (neat ) or stick with a new heaad unit?

I have the same light (or a version of that light) but the battery pack is a bit well dead (works sometimes but not for long, just looking for something that will last, and lights up clocklunie road at night lol

Top Bottom