What luggage system are you using?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Panter

Panter

Just call me Chris...
Thanks for that link @dodgy, I should have realised there's be a thread devoted to them!
Well, I'm convinced and a Nelson is on its way to me. I think John sold it to me with his description of the shape allowing easy access. I've spent an awful lot of time over the last couple of Months with the contents of my rucksack spread all over the path trying to find the spare tube which is invariably right at the bottom of the rucksack, so easy access sounds good!

Thanks again all, much appreciated.

vickster

Legendary Member

Sharky

Guru
+1 for topeak racks and bags.

I use the RX ones and easy to swap rack from one bike to another or just tak off.
The bag is expandable, with the side pockets dropping down. Can take A5 size papers flat of a4 docs folded.

I also have a generic brand under the saddle tiny bag for my essential tools, which stay on the bike all the time.

The bag does have light loops, but does have a logo badge on it as well, which makes it a bit harder to clip a light on and have lost a couple of lights. To overcome this, I usually drill through the back of the light and secure with zip ties.

Keith

http://www.topeak.com/products/TrunkBags RX

Ps shirts etc have to be rolled to fit the main luggage compartment, but this is the recommended method

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
Not clicked any links so apols if I'm on for a TMN.

You could consider the Carradice SQR set up if you have room for the block on your seatpost & want to be able to quickly and easily remove your bag without faffing with the buckles- maybe just me but I find Carradice leather reassuringly difficult to remove, even when I want to ;)

The SQR rack piece is set up to accept non SQR bags such as the Nelson so you could have the best of both for a slightly odd looking rear end.

You could consider the Carradice SQR set up if you have room for the block on your seatpost & want to be able to quickly and easily remove your bag without faffing with the buckles- maybe just me but I find Carradice leather reassuringly difficult to remove, even when I want to ;)

Yup, I've got that, tagged by Vickster above. Barley and old-style tour slim, and a mount on both my bikes.

dsc_0001_2-jpg.11404.jpg

Edit: Time for a new photo, that's even before I fitted the brooks to that bike!

Last edited:
Top Bottom