What make of car do the worst drivers prefer?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Anything that's being used on the school run - not a fig given as to how they drive or what's around them, so long as their own precious little cargo gets to the school gate without having to walk more than a couple of yards.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 26715

Anything that's being used on the school run - not a fig given as to how they drive or what's around them, so long as their own precious little cargo gets to the school gate without having to walk more than a couple of yards.

You forgot about parking, that on the school run they are allowed to park anywhere they want, pavement, up what used to be a nice grassy bank, across driveways, double yellows, in the zig-zags.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
You should read the comments section on any article on MSN "news" pages where cyclists are the subject. Absolute hatred of cyclists, and we all know the topics that come up re lack of licensing, insurance, "road tax", RLJ'ers, pavement cycling etc...
I have some fun by copying and pasting this into as many anti-cyclist comments as I can be bothered with.....

I'm afraid over the years I have become less and less tolerant of entitled nobbers in cars. Eff them, it's war out there.

I appreciate what you are saying. But at some stage someone has to stop acting like school kids and stop the name calling. I would prefer to think the cycling fraternity is grown up enough to do that. It does nobody any good and keeps the wheel spinning round endlessly.

This post is not even retaliating against something a motorist has done. Its just having a go at motorists. Its pathetic really. Some people need to grow up.

D

Deleted member 26715

I appreciate what you are saying. But at some stage someone has to stop acting like school kids and stop the name calling. I would prefer to think the cycling fraternity is grown up enough to do that. It does nobody any good and keeps the wheel spinning round endlessly.

This post is not even retaliating against something a motorist has done. Its just having a go at motorists. Its pathetic really. Some people need to grow up.

Although I agree with you, you have to start at the top, have you watched PMQ in the last 50 years?

Brandane

Legendary Member
I appreciate what you are saying.

Hmmmmm..... contradicting yourself somewhat?

I appreciate what you are saying; but I suspect the general attitude towards cyclists in Denmark is very different to that in the UK..

Drago

Legendary Member
You forgot about parking, that on the school run they are allowed to park anywhere they want, pavement, up what used to be a nice grassy bank, across driveways, double yellows, in the zig-zags.
Our local PCC lives in the village. I'm Pretty sure he knows who I am because a) I'm not exactly inconspicuous, and b) I dated the lady who is now his Wife many decades ago.

Anyway, when Mini D was still at the village school I used to walk her. The village is 3/4 a mile long and the school is in the middle, so it was neither time consuming nor onerous.

One morning I was waiting at the gate when PCC drove by on the school run (a whole 300 metres in his case, lazy get) and was just about to park on the zig-zags to deposit his offspring when he saw me, cursed (I can read lips) and carried on. Now, I know yellow zig zags are advisory and not enforceable but I'm pretty sure Professional Standards would have taken a dim view and the media an even dimmer view if he had done so and I had grassed, which I would have.

See, if the local PCC is willing to do that and only stops at the last moment when he spots an off-duty Bobby, then it's no surprise that everyone else makes so much effort to break the law or be inconsiderate in their attempts to help their kids get fat.

So to answer the thread title question, in this case I would say BMW.

D

Deleted member 26715

Our local PCC lives in the village. I'm Pretty sure he knows who I am because a) I'm not exactly inconspicuous, and b) I dated the lady who is now his Wife many decades ago.

Anyway, when Mini D was still at the village school I used to walk her. The village is 3/4 a mile long and the school is in the middle, so it was neither time consuming nor onerous.

One morning I was waiting at the gate when PCC drove by on the school run (a whole 300 metres in his case, lazy get) and was just about to park on the zig-zags to deposit his offspring when he saw me, cursed (I can read lips) and carried on. Now, I know yellow zig zags are advisory and not enforceable but I'm pretty sure Professional Standards would have taken a dim view and the media an even dimmer view if he had done so and I had grassed, which I would have.

See, if the local PCC is willing to do that and only stops at the last moment when he spots an off-duty Bobby, then it's no surprise that everyone else makes so much effort to break the law or be inconsiderate in their attempts to help their kids get fat.

So to answer the thread title question, in this case I would say BMW.

Our PCC was caught speeding 5 times in 6 weeks & still refuses to stand down, how can a person who had such contempt for the law be a PCC

Drago

Legendary Member
Our PCC was caught speeding 5 times in 6 weeks & still refuses to stand down, how can a person who had such contempt for the law be a PCC
I saw that in the news. Any Bobby that lost their licence would be show the door, so why is a different standard applied to those at the other end of the food chain? Just shows they're more interested in the salary than in doing the morally correct thing.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Hmmmmm..... contradicting yourself somewhat?

I appreciate what you are saying; but I suspect the general attitude towards cyclists in Denmark is very different to that in the UK..

Thats because the Danes do not adopt the us and them attitude as you do.

Tim Bennet.

Entirely Average Member
It's hard to know who are persistent offenders unless you have photographic memory (or a camera), but I know for certain there's one car that has overtaken me twice and then immaediately turned left. It's a white Ford Ranger truck with a distinctive logo - "Police Rural Patrol, making the countryside safer".

Top Bottom