What make of car do the worst drivers prefer?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mustang1

Legendary Member
Taxis of all variety.

I find black cab drivers to be quite professional most of the time. I know they stop at weird places but most of them I've seen take the time to move along a bit when picking up/dropping off passengers. But one thing I find rather annoying is when they stop at the traffic lights on a two lane road and they're at the front of the queue: they will always stop with 10-20% of their vehicle occupying the other lane. I can only think they do this to deter people from getting in front of them when the lights go green. It's not dangerous driving though.

Uber drivers: quite frequently those guys will pull a U-turn right in front of you. But then again, if they wait for traffic to give them way, they'll be there all day and aren't they helping to keep more cars off the road? It used to irk me but no longer.

Van/delivery drivers: I usually give them way, they have a job to do delivering all our parcels. So if you want them out of the way, then we have to order less stuff online. So in a way, those van drivers are also keeping car drivers off the road (less shopping to do).

Deliveroo scooters/mopeds: these guys tailgate and make sudden direction changes all day long. Again, they're keeping other car drivers off the road.

Bus drivers: I've found the vast majority of them to be pretty decent. Especially when I'm riding a bike, they'll nearly always let me overtake them as they are about to pull away from a bus stop.

Driving at 20mph in a 30 zone, clear day, clear road, wide road, wide footpaths, few pedestrians, no junctions. I know 30 isn't a target but why drive at 20? I usually find little Japanese cars and Hyundais drivers here.

Ones with wheels 🤔

D

Deleted member 26715

Taking the wedge one stage further, my own personal experience is that young white females are the least likely to yield when they should.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
67D2B77F-5A61-47A6-852B-48E9F6CC72AB.jpeg

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
Honestly I think the correlation between car brand and daffodil driving is overstated, or at least less apparent than it used to be. Harsoles are going to be harsoles no matter what their whip is.

If I had to pick a factor I say age, with my generation and older being entitled Hate Mail-reading boomer scum.

And Teslas.

bobzmyunkle

Bus drivers: I've found the vast majority of them to be pretty decent.
Bus drivers used to be awful. Now the vast majority are very good. Given that they have to put up with some absolutely suicidal bike commuters on occasion, I tip my hat to them.
The exception being the bus drivers around Galway, Eire. Last time I was there, it seemed every bus that passed me was driven by someone who'd been given the specific objective of scaring the shoot out of cyclists.

bobzmyunkle

scaring the shoot
I'm going to have to start editing my own profanity. Am I allowed to use 'jesus wept'?

fritz katzenjammer

Der Ubergrosserbudgie
BMWs, white 325i sedans if we want to narrow it down. The service manager of the local BMW dealer says they are also the worst customers with the highest sense of entitlement and the greatest need to complain about every detail of the service. They’ll also cut corners on service like crazy. He also said these are the customers that he thinks can least afford the car, ruining their family budget to meet the required lease payments. They just have to have a BMW... making up for something perhaps?

Brandane

Legendary Member
No its not. Its part of the bigger picture and Im suprised that so many people are going along with it. If you cannot see that its not my problem. Because the next time a car v bike post comes up they will all chip in again.

You should read the comments section on any article on MSN "news" pages where cyclists are the subject. Absolute hatred of cyclists, and we all know the topics that come up re lack of licensing, insurance, "road tax", RLJ'ers, pavement cycling etc...
I have some fun by copying and pasting this into as many anti-cyclist comments as I can be bothered with.....

Just so I don't have to read the same old tired anti-cyclist nonsense AGAIN....
All cyclists I know already have a licence to drive a car; I think that qualifies them to ride a bike. Road tax doesn't exist, roads are paid from general tax. If you mean "excise duty" then fine, charge cyclists the same as other low emission vehicles including all those electric ones congesting our roads - the rate is £"zero".. As for insurance, I have just renewed mine, £50 with CyclingUK to cover me for 3rd party risks. I now have more insurance cover than a very high number of drivers. You know the ones, who don't stop after crashing into your precious car. PS.. I drive a car too; and a motorbike. My guess is I pay more excise duty than most, it's just that I'm not a lazy, fat, entitled person who thinks my car somehow gives me some special status!

I'm afraid over the years I have become less and less tolerant of entitled nobbers in cars. Eff them, it's war out there.

bobzmyunkle

Just been out so did an unscientific survey. Actually only 1 car came close enough to justify the finger (yes I really shouldn't) - Skoda Yeti.
Probably more of a half arsed old git driver than a young entitled driver. Both dangerous.

Top Bottom