What makes you blub like a baby?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Bigtallfatbloke said:
...Oh ****...now you've done it....remember the end of the book when hazel meets the black rabbit....I 've never looked at a roadkill the same ever again after that.

The very end? That's Elahrair-rah (sp?), isn't it? Hazel can see the starlight in his ears, so he knows who it is.
Or are we talking about a different bit?

bonj2

I tend to cry more due to either happiness, a strong headwind, or onions, than due to sadness, generally. Obviously the first being preferable, the second being annoying, the third being bearable because it will be over soon as they will be getting fried. Does anyone else get that when you can't help tears due to extreme happiness?

litespeeder said:
The early eighties boxing film, 'the champ' still brings a lump to my throat, I recall my sister and parents watching it at the same time, the room was blubbering.............

is that the one with that bob dylan song in?

monnet

Guru
The end of Brassed Off when Pete Postlethwaite gives his speech and then there's a list of mine closure stats.

Bigtallfatbloke

The very end? That's Elahrair-rah (sp?), isn't it? Hazel can see the starlight in his ears, so he knows who it is.
Or are we talking about a different bit?

No we are talking about the same bit, it's just that you know that bit better than I know that bit:biggrin:

bonj2

monnet said:
The end of Brassed Off when Pete Postlethwaite gives his speech and then there's a list of mine closure stats.

yes that is a sad film. but good though. I think it's probably redcogs' favourite film of all time. :biggrin:

mr_hippo

Living Legend & Old Fart
I blubbed like a baby at about 4 o'clock this morning. I found, on an internet site, just over a month ago my best friend in primary school - last time I saw him was the summer of 59. We have been talking about those far off days and I happened to mention two incidents that happened to me. I read his reply this morning and I blubbed, even writing about it now, I can feel the tears welling up again.

bonj2

mr_hippo said:
I blubbed like a baby at about 4 o'clock this morning. I found, on an internet site, just over a month ago my best friend in primary school - last time I saw him was the summer of 59. We have been talking about those far off days and I happened to mention two incidents that happened to me. I read his reply this morning and I blubbed, even writing about it now, I can feel the tears welling up again.

Jesus! :biggrin:

good on you!

(you do mean nineteen fifty nine? :rolleyes:
hiding_behind_sofa.gif
)

ChrisKH

Guru
On the birth of my two sons. The first one was an emergency delivery at 2.58 am and I just blubbed down the phone to my Mum. Half scared out of my wits/half elation. Couldn't stop smiling the next day though.

After having major surgery when I was four-five days post recovery and hadn't had any water or food for four days (other than by drip). After being allowed thimble fulls of water my body went mental for the next 24 hours and I was a child again.

On seeing any coverage of the Holocaust, African famine, Darfur, etc. Mans inhumanity to fellow man is enough to make anybody cry.

Carwash

Señor Member
monnet said:

The bit earlier on in Brassed Off when Stephen Tompkinson breaks down in front of a load of kids and has his Margaret-Bloody-Thatcher rant in full clown gear. That gets a lump in my throat every time.

And recently, anything to do with the First World War. Not sure why. "Lions led by Donkeys" and all that...

Ooh in Brassed Off when they play Danny Boy on the hospital lawn outside Pete's ward. I have to take lots of deep breaths if I watch that.
Also 'Dancer in the Dark', do not watch that film if you are in any way prone to blubbing. It's crushingly emotional at the end (it would give away the ending if I said what happened).

domtyler

Über Member
Not big on blubbing myself, my wife though is an extreme blubber. Anything at all on the box to do with kids, small fluffy things or anything slightly unsavoury and she is off, we are talking at least twice a week while watching East Enders for gods sake!

When I visited Auschwitz, as soon as I got through those gates I couldn't help the tears running down my face.

When I wake up in the morning I often cry a few tears, and I've no idea why! Its not like I'm sad or happy, they just run a bit!

When I realised we had crashed and that everyone else in car but me were dead.

The moment that my best friend caught my arm and forced me to show him the cuts. He started to cry and as he pulled my into a hug, I cried so hard.

Top Bottom