What makes you blub like a baby?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

domtyler

Über Member
Jacomus-rides-Gen said:
When I visited Auschwitz, as soon as I got through those gates I couldn't help the tears running down my face.

When I wake up in the morning I often cry a few tears, and I've no idea why! Its not like I'm sad or happy, they just run a bit!

When I realised we had crashed and that everyone else in car but me were dead.

The moment that my best friend caught my arm and forced me to show him the cuts. He started to cry and as he pulled my into a hug, I cried so hard.

Heavy shoot!

Tetedelacourse

Jacomus-rides-Gen said:
When I visited Auschwitz, as soon as I got through those gates I couldn't help the tears running down my face.

When I wake up in the morning I often cry a few tears, and I've no idea why! Its not like I'm sad or happy, they just run a bit!

When I realised we had crashed and that everyone else in car but me were dead.

The moment that my best friend caught my arm and forced me to show him the cuts. He started to cry and as he pulled my into a hug, I cried so hard.

I commend your honesty and frankness Jacomus.

GaryA

Subversive Sage
10th August this year...having our first baby, a boy... placed in my arms while the missus looked on from the operating table :ohmy::biggrin:

In recent years, mine are both sport related:

Rugby World Cup 2003, not when that drop goal went over, but before the match when the little lad in the rugby kit started singing, might have had something to do with the fact that he looked just like my own lad did at that age.

Can't remember which Paralympics (Sp?), think it was Sydney, but when the mentally handicapped middle distance race for men had taken place, one competitor was way behind everyone else, basically because he was just so chuffed to be in front of such a huge crowd, he decided to walk round and wave to everyone, he was just so happy and oblivious to what he was "meant to do", fantastic.

Joe

Über Member
The fact that my saddle sores are getting worse and I will have to get the bus to work:sad::ohmy::sad:

col

Legendary Member
When my son needed an operation,it was bloody hard swallowing and holding the tears back,as he cried for me while getting the venflon in his arm.Nightmare.

i have no shame in crying does'nt make you less of a man. i cried the first time the woman i love told me she loved me, i cried when the woman i loved told me she loved someone else...

campagman

Guru
Sorry to hijack the thread a bit but I seem to well-up and shed a tear very easily. I went to the Track Champs at Manchester recently and my eyes seemed to be full of tears at the end of most races and at the presentations. I did not know or had any links to the riders but the emotion got to me.
Do I have a problem?

urbanrider

What gets me going is reading or hearing about young children and some of the illness that they have, they seem to take it all and still show a smile on their face's

domtyler

Über Member
...and seeing the reality of how horrific humans can be.

Don't you get this when you wake up next to bonj too? :ohmy:

I just remembered when I last nearly cried, was when I just finished the Brit Etape in August, 120 miles in just under 7 hours. A great ride, really excellent fun, and when I swept down the hill into Canterbury past the cheering throngs, through the timing gates and into the field at the back and finally saw my support crew (wife and baby) I was seriously choking back the tears! :biggrin:

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
col said:
When my son needed an operation,it was bloody hard swallowing and holding the tears back,as he cried for me while getting the venflon in his arm.Nightmare.

Col, that's a truly awful situation to be in...
I recall my youngest daughter (6 yrs) having a venflon in each hand, she was not allowed to eat anything, she was really hungry, one evening in the hospital she got onto her knees on the bed with both bandaged hands clasped together as if praying and begged me to let her have some food..how the hell are you supposed to deal with such moments? I blubbed mightily when she fell asleep.

Top Bottom