What MTB tyres for a trip to Wales

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

postieparr

I'm going to swap the road bike for my trusty Maxilight Kinesis for a much anticipated trip to Wales in a few weeks and I seem to be going round in circles when it comes to getting some new rubber ordered.
At the moment I've got some Maxxis Crossmarks on but at least one has seen better days.
The question is what do I put on to replace them? We're going to based fairly close to Coed Y Brenin so I'm going to need something that will be fairly heavy duty but I really would rather keep it fast rolling.

Tyres are a very personal choice.
You find your optimum tyre and brand,as really,it's your only point of contact .
I always go for Vittoria tyres on my bike, and opt for Jafaki's for the heavy mud and muddy downhills.
I use the Morza's or Geax (Vittoria) branded Barro Mountain's,for every other kind of terrain( gravel,stony or rocky)
I don't know what kind of terrain you are doing ,but those are my options and recommendations to you ^_^
Also check what the maximum width is for tyre clearance .
Bigger the better.

S-Express

For Welsh trail centres like CyB and others, you can usually get away with a good XC tyre. I've used Maxxis Ignitors and Conti Race Kings there without issue. You don't really need anything more aggressive than that.

Top Bottom