What mudguard?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ScotiaLass

Guru
I currently have a set of Crud RacePac mudguards on my 29er.
They are okay but in really wet/muddy conditions they still leave me soaked!

I'm looking to replace them - is there anything you use/recommend?
I like the look of the SKS shock blade but can only find a front guard, not front/rear pair.

Fubar

Guru
I currently have a set of Crud RacePac mudguards on my 29er.
They are okay but in really wet/muddy conditions they still leave me soaked!

I'm looking to replace them - is there anything you use/recommend?
I like the look of the SKS shock blade but can only find a front guard, not front/rear pair.

I have a set of SKS Raceblades on my winter road bike and find them much better than the Crud Road Racers - not much good for a MTB and not answering your question but in terms of product I'd pick SKS over Crud.

Brandane

Legendary Member
I have Topeak defenders on my MTB. Not sure if your 29" wheels would restrict choice though?
The Topeak guards are good quality and unclip easily for the likes of transporting the bike in a car.
They are easy to install as well; front mount fits into the hollow of your steerer tube, rear one on the seat post.
Front one sticks out far enough over front tyre to prevent the blowback of spray into your face when going faster than 15 mph! They won't do much to stop your feet and lower legs getting a soaking though.

AndyRM

XOXO
I have Topeak defenders on my MTB. Not sure if your 29" wheels would restrict choice though?
The Topeak guards are good quality and unclip easily for the likes of transporting the bike in a car.
They are easy to install as well; front mount fits into the hollow of your steerer tube, rear one on the seat post.
Front one sticks out far enough over front tyre to prevent the blowback of spray into your face when going faster than 15 mph! They won't do much to stop your feet and lower legs getting a soaking though.

Your link is for the 29" version so I think they'll be OK. I've been after a set as well and these seem really well thought of, both here and elsewhere. Hopefully it won't rain too much before next payday...

OP
OP
ScotiaLass

ScotiaLass

Guru
Choice is limited with the 29 " wheels :sad:

djb1971

Legendary Member
Mudhuggers.

Top Bottom