What needs changing on bikes?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I was only wondering yesterday if a bike with regenerative breaking exists..

I wasn't so much thinking braking but a really efficient dynamo that will recharge the battery, but seeing as my battery takes 6-7 hours to charge from flat on 240v I'm guessing we're a ways off that yet!

Drago

Legendary Member
Red light sensors that automatically apply the brakes. It'd be popular with Mail readers if no one else.

lazybloke

Considering a new username
Red light sensors that automatically apply the brakes. It'd be popular with Mail readers if no one else.

Put them on cars too (operational all the time).

And just to add to the bottom bracket argument, cotter pins and square taper were rubbish if you wanted to take bits off (eg to clean chainrings properly or to clean the frame behind).
HT2 makes that a trivial task, is compatible with old frames, and I've yet to see any longevity problems

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
I’d like a bike you don’t need a lock for.

personally I would love some sun glasses that fit over normal glasses but don't look dorky

Oh - and a lightweight battery for ebikes that hold loads of charge and recharges in 10 minutes
plus an ebike motor which weights the same as a gnat and has zero resistance when not being used

seems simple enough

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
So! You’re a bike component company designer with thousands to spend on R&D , looking for something to change on components to make existing components obsolete, what do you turn your attention to?
For me it would be the pedal to crank fixing, unchanged for donkey’s years, yet basically a bad design just good enough with steel cranks but which has led to thousands of broken Al. alloy cranks and grazed knees over the years.

They should have stopped messing with hollow cranks and outboard bearings.

Top Bottom