What, no moans!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

compo

Veteran
I have just come in from a gentle 20 miler, a mixture of urban and rural roads. I didn't experience a single heart stopping moment. No close overtakes, no left hooks, no buses pulling up in front of me, no taxi drivers pulling out without looking, nothing, zilch. What's the point of joining in a forum if I can't come in from a ride and complain about all those wicked drivers. Things are definitely going downhill out there.

avalon

Guru
What a great country you live in where every one has a mutual respect for each other while out on the road.:bicycle:

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
I had 10 miles of uninterrupted cycling pleasure this morning, although someone driving a souped up Fiesta passed me with not much space.

I didn't cry about it or wave my fingers at them though. I'll ride further out from the kerb next time to stop dangerous close overtaking.

I've had my fair share of must get in front numpties the last few weeks but I'm finding it too hilarious to moan. I had folk on minor roads see the bike on the main road and must pull out before I get to them and totally forget about other traffic on the road :laugh: Today I had a Taxi so desperate to overtake me stopped at a red light in the primary that he was up on the pavement, when the lights went green there was the usual jam of folk caught after the lights change but I resisted the urge to wave :hello: :laugh:

What do you expect if you bimble along passively hugging the gutter?

Get out there in Primary!

Own the lane!

Be a man!

Shout at a driver who looks as if they might be about to transgress some imagined Rule of the Road.

Punch a driver's mirror! Even if you don't know why you had to do it, he will.

Now... Go out there and do it again, but do it properly this time. Disappointed is not the word.

OP
OP
compo

compo

Veteran
What do you expect if you bimble along passively hugging the gutter?

Get out there in Primary!

Own the lane!

Be a man!

Shout at a driver who looks as if they might be about to transgress some imagined Rule of the Road.

Punch a driver's mirror! Even if you don't know why you had to do it, he will.

Now... Go out there and do it again, but do it properly this time. Disappointed is not the word.

I am hanging my head in shame.

Sorry, I will try and do better next time.....

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
I have just come in from a gentle 20 miler, a mixture of urban and rural roads. I didn't experience a single heart stopping moment. No close overtakes, no left hooks, no buses pulling up in front of me, no taxi drivers pulling out without looking, nothing, zilch. What's the point of joining in a forum if I can't come in from a ride and complain about all those wicked drivers. Things are definitely going downhill out there.

Ah get yourself onto twitter, you'll soon find a million and one intolerant whiners telling you that you're either wrong, lying or not trying hard enough to get yourself all upset by the evil motorised menace

Top Bottom