What non essentials are you running short on ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

winjim

Smash the cistern
Stuff I'm running out of (well, run out of)...baking parchment/greaseproof paper. Haven't seen any for weeks and I've used my last bit. If you hear of a fight in Tesco over the last roll of this, it's probably me
Reuseable silicone mats are your friend.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
It's incredible what Waitrose consider to be 'essential'....

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Now is the perfect time to practice Accy! Get on youtube, select your favourite clip from GCN, Park Tool or whoever, and enjoy an hour of peace perfecting your technique.
Skinny tyres aren't any more difficult, the key is just to get the tube to seat right so It doesn't pinch. Make sure it has just enough air in to give it a little structure and then when the tyre's fitted (but before inflation) just hold it between thumb and finger, and wobble the tyre sideways. Do that right around the wheel and it'll be seated.
My LBS opened up again by the way, about a month ago. So i do have that safety net,though i haven't done that many bike miles since this lockdown stuff. There seems to be a lot of folk riding around town on mountain bikes lately. I hope he takes advantage of this and makes some decent profit for once,as he seems to survive against the odds.:okay:

Top Bottom