What not to wear on the road

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

David5416

Über Member
This might sound like a completely ridiculous question but - Having only just bought a road bike and trying to spend more time on the road rather than my mountain bike, I have read that you basically should not be seen dead in team replica kits whilst out on your bike, is this a myth or are you indeed commiting a cardinal sin and stand out like a sore thumb.
As previously stated i am completely new to the road and want to buy some nice kit without looking like a tool. :bicycle:

Kies

Wear what you like and makes you go faster. Don't worry about other peoples opinions.
I personally don't wear team kit, my ride buddy wears team sky, team Garmin sharp, team pharma quick step.... Good for him I say

OP
OP
David5416

David5416

Über Member
Thanks for the advice, Kies & Keith . Just wanted a feel of the rights and wrongs before comitting a cardinal sin 1st time out.

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
You'll find The Rules here http://www.velominati.com/the-rules/

I refer the honourable gentleman to rules 14 - 19.

Enjoy!
Wish people would quit with this crap.

OP: Wear whatever you want and ignore the satirical rules quoted.

Tcr4x4

Veteran
Ive been wearing.. *shock horror* Running gear!!!!

Nike running tights and a hi vis lycra type running top... I used to run, and Im not buying a whole new set of clothes just to ride a bike in.
Its comfortable, functional (apart from no pockets) and means I can be seen a long way off.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
I like pockets and a safe place to keep my keys, a £10 note just in case, and my phone... so add to that, padded shorts and wrist/palm protecting fingerless gloves and any top that keeps me warm/cool [for time of year] and dries out fast if it rains... I'm happy.

jim55

Guru
the only thing about wearing that kinda gear will make u out to b a target for scalping "i just passed that guy /girl with all the kit on riding quite a good looking bike ,i must b doing well "kinda thing
if i see someone like that (as most people do )then id expect them to be pretty quick ,personally i dont wear team kit or anything but each to their own ,wear what u like ,nobody cares once ur past them (or more likely they will bust a gut to pass you lol

Top Bottom