What not to wear on the road

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mr Haematocrit

msg me on kik for android
I have read that you basically should not be seen dead in team replica kits whilst out on your bike,

Ohh do people laugh at me, in my team kit and my team helmet, while I drink from my team water bottles, on my team bike :cry:

rps20121024_222708.jpg

Venge2.jpeg

Strangely enough, I'm cool with making people laugh and smile, even if its at my expense. I like the idea of making people happy as many of these people may not have a nice day to day life.
On a personal level I'm lucky enough to be able to own some really nice kit which I really enjoy. My bikes and kit were brought to make me happy, make me smile and nobody else.. Likewise my friends know I'm an idiot, what I wear has no relationship to that.

I don't care what people ride or wear or how much it cost, or did not cost.... Some people do :thumbsdown:
I care if it makes you smile..... which one of these people are you going to be?

vickster

Legendary Member
Is that a brown shagpile carpet...bigger things to worry about than team kit methinks :biggrin:

Milo

Guru
The only cycling specific clothing I own are spd shoes. Sometimes throw a set of cycling shorts on under my trousers for longer rides but that's about it. Never felt the need personally.

I think there is a need to earn what you sport.
But I think people who are labouring and pushing full carbon kit up the slightest incline are far more deserving of scorn than anyone wearing pro kit.

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
But I think people who are labouring and pushing full carbon kit up the slightest incline are far more deserving of scorn than anyone wearing pro kit.
I have a day job. If I want to spend the money I earn on carbon frames and team kit I will.

Loving the influx of financial and fashion advisors on here of late. If anyone actually listened to you, we'd all be riding triban3's or BSO's from Tesco and wearing LIDL shorts with flat shoes.

Get a grip..

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Why should they be scorned?? Jealousy?? They got what you cant afford??

Or is it the fact that you also got it but cant do it justice yourself. Someone needs to get a grip and not worry about others and take a good long hard look at yourself.

VamP

Banned
Wear what you like on the road, I often end up wearing any old crap when there's a laundry time continuum wormhole, but if you turn up at an amateur race wearing Team Sky kit, expect to be ridiculed.

Top Bottom