What not to wear on the road

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

amaferanga

Veteran
If wearing "team" kit is so bad. What do you do if the club you're a member of is called "Team" <insert name> :whistle:

Um the difference is you'd actually be a part of that "Team". It'd probably only be called a team if it was an amateur race team anyway.

It does make me chuckle how defensive Pro team kit wearers get when someone suggests they maybe look anything but cool. There are also many, many club kits that are anything but cool (including my nearest big club that I'd join except their kit is hideous).

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
Um the difference is you'd actually be a part of that "Team". It'd probably only be called a team if it was an amateur race team anyway.

It does make me chuckle how defensive Pro team kit wearers get when someone suggests they maybe look anything but cool. There are also many, many club kits that are anything but cool (including my nearest big club that I'd join except their kit is hideous).
I know ;)

I was wanting to see who'd turn up frothy mouthed,flailing away at the keyboard and the kind of response it would provoke.

Hip Priest

Veteran
My best cycling outfit is a plain blue Sugoi jersey (which I got in the sale) and a pair of B'Twin bibs. I quite like the look of team kit, and I really like the Rapha stuff, but it is too expensive for me. If you can afford it and want it, go for it!

lesley_x

Über Member
Genuinely don't care what I wear when I'm cycling... If I am out there and enjoying myself, it's all that matters, personally.

Although I will say I am not subjecting anyone to me in lycra at the moment - not long off steroids and need to lose a hell of a lot of weight before I get back in my lycra shorts!!

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
After two years of cheap shorts and bib longs from SportsDirect, Aldi/Lidl and Decathlon, yesterday I bought a pair of Madison Bib Shorts and I REALLY notice the difference. They fit properly, the pad doesn't wander around all over the place, I don't snag a drooping crotch on the front of my seat (oo-er), I'm comfortable and I feel really good wearing them. I'm a convert and all the cheap crap is going in the bin.

Now if only I could get rid of this belly so I wouldn't look ridiculous in a proper cycling top :blush:

Top Bottom