what pen do you use and why

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Point is, I'm fully in agreement with your dislike of folk regarding personal pens as being in the office pool but the notion that writing with one for a few seconds will somehow destroy it is simply wrong, a myth. I regularly lend my pens to anyone who has an interest in fine fountain pens for them to try and I'm hardly likely to do that if I thought for a moment it would cause damage.

I'd agree, but this assumes the person who wants to borrow your pen is not a cack-handed baboon! Mishandling a bic won't harm it, nor will lending a decent fountain pen it to an experienced/regular fountain pen user as I state, but I'm wary in general of letting others use my pen.

Linford

In work, Bic medium ball points. Personal use is a 'space pen' I was given one Christmas as it is so easy to carry. The russians used a 'pencil' to get around the same problem.

Ecclefechan

Writes very well. The grip is just fabulous, and the way the ink passes the ball point. Oh my.

In all seriousness, all pens do the same job for me. Write what I need written down!

Pen_Bic_Blue.jpg

Attachments

• Pen_Bic_Blue.jpg
    Pen_Bic_Blue.jpg
    4.7 KB · Views: 24

Chromatic

Legendary Member
Somewhere in my room is a silver combined propelling pencil and pen with a nib, which belonged to my great-grandmother. I have not tried to use it as geting bottled ink is not so easy these days. Looking at her hand writing it wrote very smoothly though.

Ink is readily available from t'interweb. I recently got some from The Writing Desk, which IIRC is a website run by the wife of one of the members here (I recall him mentioning it last time we had a thread about pens). Excellent service too I may add, order placed Thursday lunchtime, inks delivered Sat morning. Plenty of inks available there Headgardener, not just bog standard black or blue either, have a look.

Anyway, on my desk at the moment I have three fountain pens: a Mont Blanc Meisterstuck, a yellow Mont Blanc Generation (sorry CC member, I also recall you not being too impressed with Mont Blanc pens) and a yellow (I like yellow!) Pilot Capless. I also have a company provided cheap black biro for when down in the lab amongst the shoot.

hotfuzzrj

Veteran
I use a silver coloured Parker ballpoint, and every day when I leave work I hide it as coppers are awful magpies and I've already had one 'liberated'. (Or I lost it... we'll never know!) I started off using any old black biro but people will say "Can I just borrow your pen?" then you never see it again. Now I always carry my nice silver one and one for lending to useless bobbies with no pens!
I am only allowed to use black ink at work, the other day I had to sign my name in blue ink and it felt really odd. I don't really use blue at home now either. Institutionalised, much?!

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
A parker frontier fountain pen in stainless steel is my signature pen, but I have a deskful of various free ballpoints for jotting too...

Top Bottom