what pen do you use and why

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

asterix

Comrade Member
I was given a Mont Blanc Starwalker pen as a gift (yes i do occasionally get the urge to make swishing sounds as I wave it around in front of me :blush: )
Didn't realise how expensive it was till a few weeks later and I now guard it with my life!

My dad had a Mont Blanc (which my elder brother inherited - it must be a good 50 years old). I'm a Bic man, myself.

A Fisher Space pen- I work outside a lot and ordinary biros no matter how expensive stop working after about 5mins on paper that is a bit grubby and damp
1-space pen 01.jpg

Night Train

Maker of Things
I find Bics a bit hit and miss. Some are really smooth and write for the whole tube of ink, others are horrid and scratch and scrape their way through about 1/2" of ink and then give up.

For those who are going for a Pilot drawing pen on my preference, don't blame me if you don't like it!^_^

guitarpete247

Just about surviving
Another for the Lamy Safari here. I might need to invest in another soon as I dropped it twice and it ended up sticking in a floor board. I have a Sheafer Targa I want to clean up and use soon and a Cross roller ball. The Cross was the gold blood doning zward so that stays in it's box. It's actually a replacement as the first one was stolen from my desk at school but the nice nurse gave me another when I told her what happened.

guitarpete247

Just about surviving
Another for the Lamy Safari here. I might need to invest in another soon as I dropped it twice and it ended up sticking in a floor board. I have a Sheafer Targa I want to clean up and use soon and a Cross roller ball. The Cross was the gold blood doning zward so that stays in it's box. It's actually a replacement as the first one was stolen from my desk at school but the nice nurse gave me another when I told her what happened.

Amanda P

Legendary Member
My dad favoured a Parker 45; he had a black one. I used it for a while, but it wore out, so I bought another (in red) and that got me through an awful lot of pages of notes and essays at university. I still have it and still use it; but it's not getting much wear these days.

There's something intensely satisfying about bold, clear black ink words flowing smoothly onto the paper, isn't there? So much better than spidery globby biros....

I carry around five pens/pencils in a converted leather cigar case (I actually have three converted cases plus a few other custom designed cases, but only one at a time tends to leave the house), the contents vary a bit but today's selection is shown below. From left to right;
Sheaffer Triumph Snorkel, broad stub nib
Elysee Dragon, broad stub nib
Parker 51, rolled silver cap, broad stub nib
Elysee Dragon propelling pencil
Pelikan M60, I like this one because I bought a batch of cheapo no-name fps from a German dealer for next to nowt and this was in amongst them.
Parker 65 Cumulus pattern, broad oblique stub nib (my favourite)
Pens 1.jpg
Pens 2.jpg

The contents of the case varies because I have several hundred fps to choose from in my collection, including a nice bunch of very rare Sheaffer Targas and a number of solid gold and sterling silver pens. Those tend not to leave the house!

Gordon

Top Bottom