what pen do you use and why

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Furkz

Über Member
unfortunately i use my finger tips...(iPad, iPhone, Laptop, send an email rather than write a note) hardly ever have to write now, but would like a decent fountain pen

gavintc

Guru
I don't see much point in getting something expensive, because I'd probably just loose the damn thing!

Bizarrely, that does not happen and I think for 2 main reasons. Firstly, you notice it more and keep it close and more importantly a cheap pen is seen as 'corporate' property and colleagues do not see any remorse from nicking it. I have noticed that my good pen will remain on a desk, but cheaper pens seem to walk.

G-Zero

Über Member
I've used Parker ballpoints for years and recently had an engraved stainless/gold Parker Sonnet bought for me, which has become my main workhorse pen.

I can end up taking a 15-20 page written statement for more serious cases and keep a couple of plastic ballpoints out with me, just in case the Parker runs out half way through.

Used to insist on using either Parker pens or Papermates with thin nibs when I was desk-bound youngster in the late 70s early 80s.

I don't have the need to write much now, but I use more or less any old pen, as long as it feels 'right' and has a thin nib: the thinner, the better, so I might have to buy NT's Pilot pen.

G-Zero

Über Member
Or gets stolen?

It never gets left anywhere and if ever it did, the engraving should help it find its way back to me - I hope ?

tyred

Legendary Member
Am I alone in using the cheap and cheerful Bic biro? Do the "serious" writers consider it a pen shaped object?

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Picture.jpg
A red and silver Papermate biro that I bought in 1973 for school when my Platignum fountain pen broke and we were told we could use biro's instead.

Top Bottom