What "positives" do you get from cycling?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GetAGrip

Still trying to look cool and not the fool HA
Fitness, Fresh air and feeling more a part of nature as I pootle along country roads.
Always able to find a new personal challenge if that's what you want or just enjoy time alone with your own thoughts.

Sara_H

Guru
As a yorkshire woman the vast amounts of money saved by cycling everywhere are very welcome.

I have a very stressful job, and though the commute is only 4.5 miles the stress gets pedalled away on the home and things are generally sorted out in my head by the time I get home.

I'm fitter by far when I'm cycling lots than when I'm not. LO aged 9 also loves cycling, so we get lots of quality time out on the bikes - he even wants to cycle camp together during the school holidays.

In general I love the feeling of freedom when I'm cycling - I read somewhere that cycling is the closest children can ever get to flying - same for me really!

subaqua

What’s the point
being awake and alert when i arrive at work. not having to suffer bozzo BO at 6.15 in the morning on the train in.

freedom to explore places i couldn't get to by walking or by other wheeled transport

mistral

Guru
But most of all? Friends. Cycling has brought me, made me, and maintains me loads of friends.

Beat me to it Greg.

I've never been a 'clubbable type', so most of my cycling has been solo or with a few friends over the years.

Then the interweb thing, and I stumbled upon the FNRttC .

To say this has changed my life is a bit of a cliché, but ...
It’s all down to the lovely people who make the Friday night rides what they are - life affirming, life enhancing and even in the most adverse conditions it’s a joy to be with these Fridays folk.

I'm fitter by far when I'm cycling lots than when I'm not. LO aged 9 also loves cycling, so we get lots of quality time out on the bikes - he even wants to cycle camp together during the school holidays.

Wow, now that really is a positive, a nine year old wanting to do that is brilliant. did he get a shiny new bell for that?

Chrisc

Guru
For me it's all or most of the above but mainly it's the fun of it. Hadn't ridden since I was a teenager really till a few years ago and I was amazed at just how much FUN it is! Couldn't help wondering how I'd let this go and why I hadn't missed it before.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
As already mentioned by jazloc, I appreciate the freedom it brings. I particularly like the freedom of cycling when I'm on holiday in a foreign country, be it using the mtb in the forests in Thailand or a road ride in the beautiful Italian campagna, I can choose to ride wherever it takes my fancy. I like nothing better than seeing a track and thinking to myself, "I wonder where that goes?", then just riding it. I've come across all sorts of sights and experiences, and met some very nice people while doing that.

GC

Nihal

Veteran
It still amazes me that I am still 'discovering' parts of area I didn't know were there until I got back on my bike :smile:
Same here,though i could have kept some as surprises for later..................

Top Bottom