What really annoys me

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
J

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Yenners, i admit to being a twat. I wanted it under my name, but wasnt allowed it.
You can call me a **** aswell if you like

yenrod

Joe24 said:
Yenners, i admit to being a twat. I wanted it under my name, but wasnt allowed it.
You can call me a **** aswell if you like

Joe I couldnt demean a great man any further than I have. :sad:

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
It depresses the shoot out of me. My youngest has started getting really self conscious about her body, and she's only just 10, ffs. And no way is she fat. She's just not like her older sister, who is - purely for genetic reasons - as thin as a rake. And the youngest will never look like that, and it makes her miserable. And she's fine. Drives me bonkers.

karen.488walker

Someone gave my husband a copy of FHM the other day. Not the sort of thing he would buy. I was amazed at how any bloke wouldn't want to top himself after reading it and could see how it would make a man think that women expect all blokes to have hair and 6 packs. We don't, well it would be nice but so would winning the lottery. Made me realise what women's mags are like. Having said that would love to be too skinny rather than too fat.

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
Real men like women with few pounds on, a bit like Nigella Lawson (growl).

Real men are sickened and put off by skinny women who look like Ethiopian cattle, all hip bones and ribs. Bleurgh

Cubist said:
<Snip>

Now, Cubester is big for his age, stands at 5'5", and weighs just over 9.5 stone. He is broad shouldered and deep chested with well-muscled legs and shoulders. <Snip again>
We have been given advice to "make him get a more exercise" and have suggested we encourage him to "walk more":angry:

FFS

.. he's nearly as tall as me!! (Not that that says much, I'll grant)
.. but a whole bunch lighter!! :ohmy:
That is madness.

summerdays said:
Challenge them to set a test against some of the other pupils and see who comes out on top:evil:.
Second that. Better yet, challenge the adults that are saying he need to exercise more to a little cycle / swimming race and see how he does.

Wigsie

Nincompoop
Cubist said:
What's even worse is the current thing in primary schools. In a bid to get our kids fitter and healthier they have weighed and measured all year 6 (11 yr olds) at our kids' school. Based ONLY on BMI they have declared that Cubester is "obese". In fact, they say he fits in the 98th centile for overweight kids. :ohmy: I've calculated his BMI to be at the upper end of the "normal" range, but they insist that no 11 year old should be that big.

Now, Cubester is big for his age, stands at 5'5", and weighs just over 9.5 stone. He is broad shouldered and deep chested with well-muscled legs and shoulders. He plays rugby, thinks nothing of cycling 15 or so miles off-road with the grown-ups at our local MTB club on hilly terrain, and happily cycles up the 1.5 mile 650ft ascent hill home from school. Most importantly he and his sister swim competitively for a well-recognised local club. Their training sessions last an hour, in which time the training schedule will have made them cover some 2500 to 2800 metres. He does that twice or three times a week. He's currently badgering me to take him out all day on the bikes. Both he and his sister are very fit indeed, and I can't remember the last time I saw either of them struggle for either strength or stamina
We have been given advice to "make him get a more exercise" and have suggested we encourage him to "walk more":angry:

FFS

I was always tall/broad for my age and used to play alot of rugby and also swim for a big club and got to county/national standards and I ALWAYS came out as obese with needing to lose around 1.5-2 stone on those stupid BMI scales at the leisure centre.

Am 6ft 4" now and I DO actually have to lose some, at a guess around 1.5 stone before I get back to full fitness and a really healthy physique (I dont have any scales in the house), those machines now say I am massively obese, but they dont account for muscle mass, my calves and thighs are and have always been pretty bloody chunky!

Big up the lad and dont let those morons get him down!

karen.488walker said:
Someone gave my husband a copy of FHM the other day. Not the sort of thing he would buy. I was amazed at how any bloke wouldn't want to top himself after reading it and could see how it would make a man think that women expect all blokes to have hair and 6 packs. We don't, well it would be nice but so would winning the lottery. Made me realise what women's mags are like. Having said that would love to be too skinny rather than too fat.

6 pack? if a 6 pack is what women want then i should be well in there with my attempt at a keg :ohmy:

on a more serious note, i just can't be bothered to read it - my fiancee tells me she thinks i'm gorgeous and apparently gets a little jealous when other girls look at me but loves the fact that i'm oblivious to it.

my fear is that if i don't get the time to go biking as often as I have done for the past 7 years then i'll start putting on weight and need to start watching what i eat instead of what i eat being dictated by my wallet.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Jim_Noir said:
And folks wonder how young women get eating disorders? My OH, like most females, thinks she is too fat... but there is nothing I can say or do that will get this idea out her head.

These magazines like heat etc are to blame... they have photos of girls saying "she is too fat" when she's not... then one saying so and so is too thin. There was one sitting in the kitchen in work and I had a read at it while making my breakfast... it was saying how it's ok to be a bigger size and that it was more the standard... this was a size 10 them where taling about... a size 10 ffs is small... a 14 is more the avrage standard is it not

I saw one at the supermarket checkout this week, OK, or Heat, I forget which. On the cover was 'Martine' (McCutcheon, I think, she had big sunglasses on) in a bikini, and something about 'looking good whatever her shape', and I though she looked gorgeous. Curvy, but lovely. And yet it was implied that she was somehow the wrong shape, and looked good despite this.

Now, I am too fat, around the middle, and I'm very gradually losing a bit of weight. On the other hand, I have rather shapely calves and ankles, I think. I'm not one to bother overly about my appearance - I don't wear makeup and my hair usually looks like I've been dragged through a hedge backwards, but even I find myself sometimes sucked into thinking I'm a blimp.

OP
OP
J

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Twat in suit with beautiful GF
meandhannahprom.jpg

Not a huge fan of this pic! I look stupid.

Top Bottom