What "rides" have you got coming up?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Shaun

Founder
I'm looking forward to the FNRttC Northern ride next Friday night/Saturday morning. Got the bike ready, got the new Hope Vision "floodlight" fitted, blagged a lift from a generous CC'er, and getting quite excited about the whole thing. Looking forward to meeting quite a few more CC'ers too.

I'm also joining some of the East Yorks posse in July for the Big G around the Yorks Wolds where there's a stonking great hill that takes forever to get up (not looking forward to that!!) :laugh:

What's everyone else got going on this summer?

Cheers,
Shaun :rain:

rsvdaz

Dartmoor Classic 27th June!

bumsteer

Well , since you ask...

Did the full Dragon in Wales last Sunday.

Marin Rough Ride in Kington this Sunday

Devil Ride in Brecon on the 11 July

British Legion London to Paris beginning of Sept

Autumn Epic in Knighton on 3 Oct

I'd have liked to do the Iron Mountain sportive in Abergavenny again, but this year it clashes with the Devil Ride, and I'd love to do the Dun Run (Dunwich Dynamo) again but it clashes with the family holiday.

Can't do everything (and remain married).

Ho hum

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
C2C at the beginning of July, continuing back along the Hadrian's Wall route as far as Carlisle, in 4 days. Am expecting a sore rear by the end!

Sportive at some point in Aug/Sept, but haven't worked out which one yet.

ChrisKH

Guru
Bognor FNrttc, next week. Hoping to pick up some more informal "Auntie Helen" type rides in early-mid July and mid-late August. London to Southend BHF ride on 18th July anyone?

I don't think my body is yet ready for a Loughborough - London naked trainee Mouseketeer ride, although the mind is willing.

September is given over to a number of family orientated charidee rides (London Skyride, Foulness Island ride) which I do with family and friends.

As others have said; 'marriage permitting' the aim is to get on as many informal rides as possible, until the cold sets in.

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
Shropshire Highlands Challenge 20th June A nice day out in Shropshire.

Then ride to the Med in a week from here. About 900 miles in 8 days. :rain:

The training is killing me :laugh:

Fnaar said:
Northern Rock Cyclone Challenge this saturday. I'm doing ride 'C' (104 miles). There's a few forummers doing it (thread in "Road Rides etc")...
And for watching, there's Criteriums in Leazes Park (Newcastle) Friday evening, and Beaumont Trophy on Sunday. :biggrin:

Me too!

Won't be at the Beaumont Trophy though. Its already costing me a meal out to watch the crits. It was the only way Mrs AF would come along:laugh:

Also have a few club rides coming up.

Wolf04

Fnaar said:
And for watching, there's Criteriums in Leazes Park (Newcastle) Friday evening, and Beaumont Trophy on Sunday. :biggrin:

Well in that case I have to revise my plans. I work about two minutes from Leazes Park so either hang around and watch the crits or slope off early to miss the crowds.
Decisions decisions.

theloafer

Legendary Member
did the northern rock ride last year ...was a great route ... this time am doing the ctc tri-vets 100 on the sun 13... hope you have a great day fnaar...dont think i could do the two one after the other...:biggrin:

twentysix by twentyfive said:
Shropshire Highlands Challenge 20th June A nice day out in Shropshire.

Then ride to the Med in a week from here. About 900 miles in 8 days. :smile:

The training is killing me :wacko:

+1 for the Shropshire Highland Challenge - last years was the hardest ride I have ever done

Top Bottom