what road bike pump for on the bike...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The only downside is the loss of a bottle cage mount.
Why? You can fit the pump bracket and a bottle cage on the same frame bosses.

You may need marginally longer bolts but it's simple to do :thumbsup:

Jenkins

Legendary Member
The Road Morph mounts in line with the bolts, not off to one side, hence the bottle cage cannot be mounted as well (unless they've changed the design recently).

The Road Morph mounts in line with the bolts, not off to one side, hence the bottle cage cannot be mounted as well (unless they've changed the design recently).
Hang on a minute *nips out to the shed in the rain*

Oops, so it does :blush:

Like I say, I don't fit anything to my bikes, (other than bottle cages), guess that proves it ^_^

I stand sit corrected :tongue:

[EDIT] I'll actually be selling mine TBH. As great as it is if not mounted on the bike it's just too long :sad:

Jmenorton

Is there an aftermarket mount for the Road Morph? seems a bit daft that it takes a cage mount, makes it kind of pointless unless you always ride with panniers.

OP
OP
SatNavSaysStraightOn

SatNavSaysStraightOn

Changed hemispheres!
thanks all - the Lezyne Road Drive pump has just been purchased.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
+1 for Topeak Road Morph. Attached to pump bracket that fits at the side of a bottle cage. I also use 2 bits of velcro to attach it to frame, belt and braces sort of approach.

mrandmrspoves

Middle aged bald git.
......I will get a reputation as a complete cheapskate but............I carry a pump from Poundland in each pannier bag/saddlebag or backpack. They cost a whole £1 and actually work quite reasonably. They are very compact and light and can be used on all valve types. Yes you would have to pump like crazy and I doubt you would get them to inflate much above 50psi - but for general commuting duties they fit my bill and being so cheap it is easy to keep one with each bit of kit rather than risking forgetting to take a pump out.

Top Bottom