What saddle???

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
I'm not sure aesthetics would come in the top 100 as a reason for choosing a saddle. Comfort rules all.
Regarding the OP: if you don't ride a bike much then something soft and bungy might be okay. If, on the other hand, you're planning some serious cycling then it's best to get used to something hard.

bpsmith

Veteran
I'm not sure aesthetics would come in the top 100 as a reason for choosing a saddle. Comfort rules all.
Regarding the OP: if you don't ride a bike much then something soft and bungy might be okay. If, on the other hand, you're planning some serious cycling then it's best to get used to something hard.
If comfort rules all, and looks doesn't factor, then is this what you'd recommend?
image.jpg

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I have Brooks on both my bikes. One was comfortable from day one and the other was literally a PIA for over a year and now it is great.

But some people never get on with Brooks saddles.

bpsmith

Veteran
I can see that Brooks saddles are very well made. I just can't get passed the look of the thing! It's not for me.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
I can see that Brooks saddles are very well made. I just can't get passed the look of the thing! It's not for me.
I think the Swallow Titanium is gorgeous but they're a bit pricy, mine was discounted down to £200 about 7 yrs ago. :eek:
EDIT - I've just had a look on the Brooks website and the 2007 limited edition is still available (mine is one of the 2005 LE ones but they're sold out) the only snag is it's price £590. :eek:(not a mistype) However the normal Swallow Titanium is a much more reasonable £290 :whistle:

Last edited:

Stu Smith

Veteran
Its a very personal thing a saddle. It can be hell when you have not got the correct one for you, but certain bliss when you do find the right one..

I have two bikes both sporting Ariones and I absoultely love em.
Why don't you try your Specialized riva ?

vickster

Legendary Member

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
I didn't get on with my Arione , I've heard it said that the nose is just too long for some people .
I swapped to Selle SMP and have the Chrono on the TCR and a Lite 209 on the Defy .
I have a specialized Romin Evo that is quite like the selle smp in shape but I also removed that as I didn't like it .

bpsmith

Veteran
I chose the Arione, as the standard Defy saddle works for me. Far better than the San Marco Dynamic that came on the Bianchi.

Top Bottom