What saddle???

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Louch

105% knowledge on 105
Can you just go into a bike shop and ask to "try" saddles? Mine is ok, but how do I know if comfier is out there?

Katherine

Guru
Can you just go into a bike shop and ask to "try" saddles? Mine is ok, but how do I know if comfier is out there?

Last week I tried some in a couple of shops by sitting on them while they were still in the cardboard.
One, by putting the saddle half way up some stairs where the stairs go round a corner so I could sit on the saddle properly and lent forwards and backwards, sitting up etc as I would on a bike.
In the other shop I put the saddle on one of those stools that the staff stand on to reach high shelves. The process worked really well. I bought the saddle that felt right and have had a 23 mile and a 48 ride. I was so comfortable that I didn't even think about the saddle, just enjoyed the ride.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Last week I tried some in a couple of shops by sitting on them while they were still in the cardboard.
One, by putting the saddle half way up some stairs where the stairs go round a corner so I could sit on the saddle properly and lent forwards and backwards, sitting up etc as I would on a bike.
In the other shop I put the saddle on one of those stools that the staff stand on to reach high shelves. The process worked really well. I bought the saddle that felt right and have had a 23 mile and a 48 ride. I was so comfortable that I didn't even think about the saddle, just enjoyed the ride.
That sounds too simple, but if it works ...!

I have had saddles that felt ok for an hour or two but gradually started to become a pain on longer rides, so I'm not sure that your technique would have helped me much.

Katherine

Guru
That sounds too simple, but if it works ...!

I have had saddles that felt ok for an hour or two but gradually started to become a pain on longer rides, so I'm not sure that your technique would have helped me much.

Maybe. I knew what I was looking for though.

Top Bottom