What seatpost is this?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

LemonJuice

I’m asking on behalf of a friend.

621E0FD3-A120-4422-BF7E-05D11EA75EBF.jpeg
184DE559-5B86-413B-8ABA-C042988098E5.jpeg

He wants to buy a longer stem.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/UNO-Moun...868946?hash=item5d80faa712:g:Tu4AAOSw-mdbk24d

Is that the same type of seatpost?

Thanks.

vickster

Legendary Member
He needs to measure the diameter or the stem and the existing length. The clamp bit doesn’t need to be the same, saddle rails are standard (although some are fiddlier to use than others, changing saddles always frustrates me due to fiddliness!).
That one has a bit of layback so to replicate position he should look for the same

the one you have linked is out of stock in both colours - it has a diameter of 25.4

OP
OP
L

LemonJuice

He needs to measure the diameter or the stem and the existing length. The clamp bit doesn’t need to be the same, saddle rails are standard (although some are fiddlier to use than others, changing saddles always frustrates me due to fiddliness!).
That one has a bit of layback so to replicate position he should look for the same

the one you have linked is out of stock in both colours - it has a diameter of 25.4

I measured it with him last night. It is 25.4mm in length.

Is it just as simple as buying a seatpost that is 25.4mm with an alley key?

vickster

Legendary Member
I measured it with him last night. It is 25.4mm in length.

Is it just as simple as buying a seatpost that is 25.4mm with an alley key?
Pretty much yes 👍 I think they all have Allen key fixings, the ones I’ve ever used have.

Do make sure to put plenty of grease on the post prior to fitting

Ajax Bay

Guru
I measured it with him last night. It is 25.4mm in [diameter].
I doesn't look narrow enough to me to be only 25.4mm. Your friend's very best bet is to pull out the seat post and find the 'minimum insertion' lines | | | | and the vast majority of seat posts have their OD etched or printed there eg 27.2. That's the dimension in mm. Not easy to measure the OD without calipers, which you won't have. A fifth of a mm makes a difference.
@vickster has mentioned layback: that can be measured (midpoint of saddle rail clamps to axial line of seat post, measured at right angles).
Going on the first image and assuming it's set up for your friend, a 350mm long seat post will be long enough (NB 'minimum insertion' lines referred to above).

Gunk

Guru
It’s an old 1980’s Sakae Ringyo (Sun Tour) aluminium seat post. Raleigh fitted them on their higher end bikes, both the recent 531 framed Raleigh’s I’ve restored had them fitted.

Ajax Bay

Guru
Again (alluding to previous advice to the OP on other stuff), I'd get a seat post from a reputable cycle (parts) retailer/bike shop (online or otherwise), not via e-bay, unless you want to buy 'used'.

Top Bottom