What should be our national anthem? Nominations please.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
How about something really stirring for those podium appearances, and forget about lyrics altogether? :whistle:

Imagine the flag going up to Also Sprach Zarathustra!

Well, in that case:

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rzjee-Ugqc&feature=youtube_gdata_player

toroddf

Flower Of Scotland all the way...... and as wind blows now and under the leadership of the most manipulating politician in UK who eats Osbourne & Cameron for breakfast every morning, our new national anthem will be Flower Of Scotland.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Reactions: GBC

Noodley

If you are meaning "British" anthem the suggestions for Jerusalem and Land and Hope and Glory are just moronic...they are as pro-English as the current dirge, in fact even more so. Not an ounce of Britishness at all, unless you view England and being Britain which I am sure a few people here do.

Hopefully we'll have independence soon and you can then choose whatever antiquated pish you want.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Since it's the sportsmen & women who do the hard work to get on the podium I think we should let each individual gold medallist select whatever music they would like to hear. I think there'd be some belters :laugh:

You do realise that there is the woman from Curaçao who is competing as an independent in the Laser Class sailing don't you?

She said that if she won gold, then they would either play the Olympic anthem or something of her choice!

Top Bottom