What size Brompton seat posts are you guys using?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

chris folder

Hi:hello:I have always used the standard seat post on my brompton I'm 5 8 I have the penta clip flipped up yet I still feel like the seat could be little higher 1/4" more would be perfect I have purchased the longer seat post I'm fitting it tomorrow. I looked at the telescopic post but did not want the extra weight only draw back with one i got it will not push fully into frame when folded. Brompton say standard seat post is ok up to 5 10 im not sure dont seem high enough and thats with out flicking penta clip. What seat post you guys useing?

Last edited:
Standard size 535mm Titanium off Ebay not at full extension (about 1.5" to go) and I'm 5' 10"

Brommyboy

Über Member
Standard post with pentaclip almost at the top; height 5'7". Saddle could be higher but I like to be able to put one foot on the ground when stationary! Maybe your legs are longer!

OP
OP
C

chris folder

Hi:smile: yep your right my inside leg length suits the longer post measurements im going to swap post over Tuesday now im out on a ride I will test new post then I only want 1/4 more hight but that can make big difference

Last edited:

Kell

Veteran
I've got the extended one and I'm just under 6'.

Interestingly, the Brompton I hired had the telescopic one and even with the top bit not slid right down, it still was lower than the extended one when fully folded.

I know this as my Brompton goes in the boot of my Mini convertible (just) and it fitted in more easily with the telescopic post.

In the end, I reduced the rubber bung in the bottom of the post to give me a little more wiggle room. I basically just cut it in half so the seat would drop a tiny bit lower.

Also having the telescopic post meant the seat height was correct every time without having to go through the process of setting up the little plastic bit that slots in the seat tube.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
5'9" but a tad short in the leg .... Standard post fully extended, pentaclip highest position and a B17.
I have recently added a rearward extension.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Or saddle pack as the rest of us call it.
No, a rearward extension. It allows the saddle to be set either fore or aft of the seat post. In my case it moves the saddle back.

Apols for the poor photo but ....

image.jpeg

StuartG

slower but further
Standard at full extension and pentaclip set high. I'm 5'11"
Me too on standard post and Brooks B-17. Except I'm a few inches shorter but have 32" inside leg which is probably the relevant measure rather than plain height. (short/long upper bodies v long/short legs).

e-rider

crappy member
I'm 6'1.5" and have been thinking about Brompton seatposts - I read that some people at my height seem happy on an extended, whilst others say I would need the telescopic??? Obviously the telescopic would do the job but the extended looks better and simpler

Top Bottom