What size Brompton seat posts are you guys using?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Where can I get one of those, please? And do they come in different diameters? I really need something like this for my two vintage bikes (with straight posts - I've forgotten the diameter but can find it) with very slack seat tube angles. My knees would be really grateful!

Sorry for thread hijack. :rolleyes:
Hi Rebecca, here!
https://www.sjscycles.co.uk/seat-posts/brompton-saddle-adaptor-pin-assembly/?geoc=US

I have one on my B. to set the seat further behind the seatpost. Works a treat :-)

e-rider

crappy member
six two and telescopic for me. standard is an annoying smidge too short.
did you ever try the 'extended' post?

Kell

Veteran
I too am a towering 5'8''. I go with 34.5 inches from pedal surface to seat top and have at least an inch of seat post left unused. In pictures of Bromptons it seems the seat is as far forward as possible.Does anyone have insight into the ergonomics of having the seat forward or back? I have S bars and like mine about medium but I am just guessing as to what is most efficient.

I did worry a bit about having my seat too far back as I thought Brompton might set them up that way so that your weight pushes straight down the seat tube rather than trying to force it into an arc. But having seen Fab Foodie's backwards extension, I think I'm probably safe.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
6'3" Telescopic.

Edit: That is to say, I'm 6'3" tall and I use a telescopic seat post. Not that I use a 6'3" telescopic seat post. That would be quite unusual.

12boy

Guru
After reading the above and noticing I have maybe an inch of post in the bike yet, with my Pentaclip at the top of the post but turned so the rail rides low, I measured my post. It is 23.5 inches (600mm) and means I must have the long seat post. Since the long post is 80 mm longer than the short that is probably good since without it I'd probably lack 1/2 and inch or so of my ideal pedal to saddle distance. Chris folder is right, though. If I move my saddle up or down even an 1/8 of an inch it is noticeable and does not feel right.

doginabag

I'm 5'9" with an inside leg of ~30".
I have the standard seat post which I found a little short on full extension. Turning the pentaclip over gave me about another inch in height and I have the saddle almost all the way to the real.

Sometimes I feel like I could still do with one more inch (yes, still talking about the seat post!) but I do tend to like a bike set up so that my legs get almost straight all full stroke.

Top Bottom