What size of tyres?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
The size will be marked on the sidewall.

The size is marked on the side wall. It will say 700c x ( something ), it looks like 35 to me. So, if they are, it will say 700c x 35c. That’s a 700c 35mm tyre.

OP
OP
G

Glasgow44

Veteran
Hi guys - this was the most stupid posting from me...ever! What I meant in my original post was if anyone could guess the tyre size from the picture so I could advise my colleague.

Of course I know all about tyre sizes and where to find the size (on the side wall) and again of course I've bought tyres for my own bikes.

Just ignore me - I'm a daftie heid!

This conversation never happened!

vickster

Legendary Member
Hi guys - this was the most stupid posting from me...ever! What I meant in my original post was if anyone could guess the tyre size from the picture so I could advise my colleague.

Of course I know all about tyre sizes and where to find the size (on the side wall) and again of course I've bought tyres for my own bikes.

Just ignore me - I'm a daftie heid!

This conversation never happened!
why couldn't you just ask her to have a look for you? :wacko: (other than the fact that you're a daftie heid!

sleuthey

Legendary Member
Is it because the bike is yet to be delivered?

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Rather than start a new thread I might as well hitch on to this one.
My trike has 20 x 1.60 tyres. Looking on line I can only find 20 x 1.35 or 20 x 1.75. Which way do I go? Up or down? For better or worse I ordered one Schwalbe Marathon plus for the back wheel size 20 x 1.75. This has not yet turned up but did I go the right way?

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
My trike has 20 x 1.60 tyres. Looking on line I can only find 20 x 1.35 or 20 x 1.75. Which way do I go? Up or down? For better or worse I ordered one Schwalbe Marathon plus for the back wheel size 20 x 1.75. This has not yet turned up but did I go the right way?

I think you went the right way.

the difference between 1.60 and 1.75 is small and in some cases may end up looking the same

I've had 2.35 tyres from one manufactuer and 2.1 from another and the 2.1's look wider :eek:

sleuthey

Legendary Member
You went the right way if safety and comfort are your priorities

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
A female colleague of mine has bought this bike, I've said to her that I'm happy to fit it with Schwalbe Marathon Plus tyres for puncture protection; I'm not sure what size the tyres are on already

I'm guessing the factory fit tyres are probably 35's looking at the picture, and the mudguards look to have decent clearance even so. Given the rider is getting an 18" frame, I'm assuming she's fairly petite in build. Therefore are you really sure M+ is not overkill, given they have a very thick tread area? I wouldn't imagine they would necessarily be that comfortable for a light rider. Personally, I'd be more inclined to go for M Greenguards, and Chain Reaction/Wiggle are doing these in 38 mm size for £15.99. Overall diameter should be about the same as a M+ 35, along with weight, but a 38 run at a slightly lower pressure should be more comfortable than a mega-thick carcass M+ 35.
I ride hybrids with M Greenguards in 38mm with good comfort, and the same goes for Delta Cruiser+ in 35 mm (same puncture resistance as Greenguard) but inflated harder, but I'm a 14 stone bloke.

Top Bottom