What size wheel hub bearings for Rockrider 540 MTB?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Measure them? There's only a few sizes common in loose bearings.

OP
OP
X

xzenonuk

Veteran
ordered some earlier from simply bearings, the 2 sizes mentioned above, 50 of each and all under a tenner, even if they don't fit i have other uses for them and their so cheap :smile:

got some michelin tyres for it as well in decathlon earlier 2.0 size ones with loads of tread as my current ones are only 1.65 and the bike originally had 2.10 ones, figured i had better get some grip for this winter as this time last year i sprained my ankle on it lol

ill fit all at the same time if bearings are the right size when they arrive, then my mtb will be all set up for some winter abuse, with new bearings in wheels, new chain, new cassette and grippy tyres :smile:

shifting like a dream on the new cassette and chain never had to adjust the sram x7 on the back or the front shimano deore :smile:

Last edited:
OP
OP
X

xzenonuk

Veteran
new tubes and nice chunky tyres on it now and the front hub has the new bearings in, i noticed i could fit 9 in each side and i only counted 8 of the old ones on each side lol

hope thats the nippy front wheel sorted for a good while now :smile:

OP
OP
X

xzenonuk

Veteran
just a bump incase any one has the same bike or stumbles on this from google,

i done the back wheel hub earlier and it takes the same size of bearings as the front one, glad i bought 50 of each hehe, what ever size is bigger is the correct one out the 2 mentioned above for front and back, counted 9 on each side and could only fit in 9 on each side so all good for winter now and got about 14 of the bigger bearings left over and the front wheel has been behaving itself on a few rides :smile:

Last edited:
Top Bottom