What sort of bicycle seller....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
Am I missing something really obvious, it looks like somebody trying to sell a bike to me, or is it really you Thomk and you're trying to get a bit of extra publicity for your listing?

Recycler

, it looks like somebody trying to sell a bike to me,

My thoughts too. It won't be the first time that somebody has bought a 2010 model on special offer in 2011.
There's no reason to think it's stolen which is what I assume was being implied.

I don't really like his "knob head" comment but I've seen far worse on E-bay.

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
I know somebody that bought exactly the same model of bike in early 2011 on special offer, ME!!!!!!! ^_^

(I'm not the seller BTW)

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
I cant see anything suspicious there to be honest. Maybe he did buy it new in 2011 even if it is a 2010 model. So what?I think a bit more evidence would be good before calling the guy a crook.

OP
OP
Thomk

Thomk

Guru
I cant see anything suspicious there to be honest. Maybe he did buy it new in 2011 even if it is a 2010 model. So what?I think a bit more evidence would be good before calling the guy a crook.
I agree. A lot more evidence would be needed before calling the guy crook. I get frustrated when peole jump to conclusions without sufficient (or any) evidence. BTW who on this thread has done that? (clue - you don't need to look very far :rolleyes:).

What tickles me is the way the bicycle-buying public have (in parts) become fascinated by the 'model year' of a bike.

People seem to make a big deal out of tiny differences in model year.

It started in the US auto industry (Harley Earl et al) and moved to other markets. I remember it hitting the sports-shoe market in the mid-80s.

A last resort of the tired marketing expert is the introduction of the all-important model year.

The wonderful thing for the manufacturer is that the buying public not only buy the notion, they buy the product. :tongue:

Globalti

Legendary Member
It's counter-productive because in the last three years specs have generally been revised downwards in an effort to hold prices. Recently we Ebayed Mrs Gti's almost unused Specialized Myka, we couldn't remember what year it was (thought maybe 2010) so we didn't mention it in the ad. The buyer must have known the spec was far better than the 2012 model and she got a bargain at £300.

Amazingly though a couple of people actually sent us PMs pointing out that it was a 2009 model. So what?

Top Bottom