What sort of telly has the queen got

What sort of telly has the queen got?

• top of the range 10 foot plasma screen or whatever's the latest technology

Votes: 7 28.0%
  • pretty reasonably sized telly but covered in gold gilt and encrusted with jewels

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • old black and white telly conscientiously maintained by the royal TV repairman

Votes: 13 52.0%
  • your own suggestion

Votes: 4 16.0%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Must be Samsung

https://www.royalwarrant.org/company/samsung-electronics-uk-limited

I presume she gets them free in return for the royal warrant. Nice work if you can get it.

Maybe I should start a "nickyboy warrant" for loads of free stuff

D

Deleted member 26715

I expect like much of the nation they upgraded to a colour tv to watch the coronation.
That would be a great bit of time travel to achieve, my father was the first person in their street to buy a TV in their street, he bought it to watch the coronation & all the neighbours came around to watch. It was very much like the one in the picture from @raleighnut.

Not sure when we went to colour, but I still remember have a B&W TV in my bedroom in 1976 where you had to turn a knob to dial in the frequency.

D

Deleted member 26715

Blue colours.
You watched those movies to did you?

Globalti

Legendary Member
That reminds me of the old chestnut about the potato king:

The Potato King was sick of his three princess daughters moping around the palace so he summoned them to his chamber.

(Pam Ayers rustic accent here) “Daughters,” he commanded, “It's time for you to get married. Go out and find yourselves a suitable potato husband and report back to me one year from now.”

A year passed and the three daughters returned to tell their father how they had got on.

“My first daughter… tell me who you married!”

“Well Father,” replied the first daughter, “ I met a lovely Jersey Royal and I married him!”

“Very good! Very good!” chortled the Kind proudly. “Daughter number two?”

“Ooh Father, I met a lovely King Edward and I married him!”

“Excellent! Excellent!” smiled the King. “Now, daughter number three – how did you get on?"

(Sad voice here) “Well Father, I’m afraid I must disappoint you. I married….. I married.... Des Lynam”

“Des Lynam? Des Lynam?” shouted the King, enraged. “He’s just a common tater!”

Last edited:
Top Bottom