What the hells the matter with some drivers :=(

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wonderdog

I lived in Melbourne many moons ago and, not having sufficient folding to own a car, bought a PX 10 Peugeot. There was sufficient space on the bars to tape a couple of 1" balls. When one of those goes through a rear window of the car that's just attempted GBH the driver thinks he/ she has been shot. Similarly, carry a second pump filled with lead shot and taped closed. Similar response when rapped over the roof of offending vehicle.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
I lived in Melbourne many moons ago and, not having sufficient folding to own a car, bought a PX 10 Peugeot. There was sufficient space on the bars to tape a couple of 1" balls. When one of those goes through a rear window of the car that's just attempted GBH the driver thinks he/ she has been shot. Similarly, carry a second pump filled with lead shot and taped closed. Similar response when rapped over the roof of offending vehicle.
Bit drastic but then you are trying to communicate with Aussies. :whistle:

I don't think I want to tape my balls to the handlebars, though I'm sure it'd scare off a few drivers!

Wasn't it Barry Sheene that used to work as a dispatch rider? He'd carry a tennis ball in a stocking at the ready to whack in the middle of the roof panel of offending cars.

I didn't know that, but it's common courtesy which is something in short supply with road users in the UK.

But not stopping for people already on the crossing? like I said I had stopped to allow people to cross, and cars charged through while the people were crossing? they also went wide as they passed me on the bike allowing people to cross... so surely they need to allow people already on the crossing to get over the road.
Never overtake the lead vehicle on a two lane crossing or so the rules say. I was stopped on Princess Parkway Manchester at a crossing 1/2 mile from the exit slip of the M60, people still in motorway thrash mode heading into Manchester. Pelican crossing lights on flashing amber as a late comer is crossing in front of me pushing a pram. On my right a car passes at speed and the gap between mother, pram and nearside of vehicle was at most one yard. I assume that his more god like than you or I brain calculated that I was tardy in setting off and that nobody was actually on the crossing until daydreaming mother appeared on his left.
I had my own roadside altercation concerning pedestrian crossings a few years back with two braindead youngsters. Same thing only this time a zebra, worse still a zebra on the exit from a roundabout with two lane exit. Exactly the same, I was stopped to allow a woman to cross from my left, car passed me on the right and the woman had to jump back sharpish. They stopped outside a house a few hundred yards further up and I stopped to educate them. As they where all powerful all knowing beings they could not see the problem and when asked how they would feel if their gran complained that she had nearly been knocked flat they laughed and told me to get off before they tuned me in. The altercation followed.

Top Bottom