What the hells the matter with some drivers :=(

Discussion in 'General Cycling Discussions' started by johnnyb47, 12 Dec 2018.

1. Drago

Drago Guru

If there's no ASL, stop behind the first vehicle. Etiquette be damned - it's simply safer.

Slick and dave r like this.
  2. dave r

dave r Dunking Diddy Dave Pedalling Pensioner

If I'm riding straight across the junction I usually sit in the queue of traffic in primary then ease left into secondary as we cross the junction.

Vantage, Heltor Chasca, C R and 2 others like this.
  3. raleighnut

raleighnut Guru

You'd think they'd put temporary traffic lights at the 'pinch points', worth a call to the highways authority / council ?

Drago and dave r like this.
  4. Drago

Drago Guru

Apparently the Feds have reported it to Highways, but nothing seems to be happening. When someone does get run over I'll go the press with the dates, times and names of those in authority I've spoken to.

Last edited: 9 Jan 2019
    raleighnut and DCBassman like this.
  5. Milkfloat

Milkfloat Veteran

Drago likes this.
  6. Drago

Drago Guru

Aye, the law is a bit twisted re zebra crossings. You have to endanger yourself before the car is obliged to stop, which is a bit perverse.

dave r and Threevok like this.
  7. Johnno260

Johnno260 Über Member

I didn't know that, but it's common courtesy which is something in short supply with road users in the UK.

But not stopping for people already on the crossing? like I said I had stopped to allow people to cross, and cars charged through while the people were crossing? they also went wide as they passed me on the bike allowing people to cross... so surely they need to allow people already on the crossing to get over the road.

Drago likes this.
  8. DCBassman

DCBassman Veteran

Definitely supposed to stop.
    Edit: I've mentioned before, my wife has been narrowly missed on a zebra crossing here a number of times, including by police cars...:angry:

Drago likes this.
  9. Drago

Drago Guru

I she still going out wearing that black and white striped jumpsuit?

Arjimlad, Threevok and DCBassman like this.
  10. the snail

the snail Veteran

AFAIK, there's no law against sticking your leg out as if you are starting to cross though.

11. Drago

Drago Guru

Perhaps some kind of fake leg that one could extend outwards without risk to ones wellbeing?

fossyant likes this.
  12. YukonBoy

YukonBoy Extra solar

Or take a zebra on a long lead with you. Oh look a zebra crossing.

Drago likes this.
  13. mikeymustard

mikeymustard Veteran

My partner and I were out on the bikes yesterday, we were coming up to a zebra crossing when a cat appeared and boldly stepped onto it! Obviously we stopped to let it cross, as did the car coming the other way. Made us giggle :smile:

14. anna_adam

anna_adam New Member

Yes, there are days when you have to go through a lot. You can't always get good people around, there are times to handle the idiots as well!

15. Arjimlad

Arjimlad Tights of Cydonia

One of those small fold-up McLaren buggies with a baby doll might be a good thing.

Drago likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice