What the...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cycling Dan

Cycle Crazy
Recently I have been cycling for a good solid week and I have been doing it in the British cycling kit.
Not a problem. Normally I get a close pass once in a while to spice the week up(hope that's taken as intended) but nothing. Plenty of room not even tailgating! :wacko:

Its been weirdly good.
I guess now I know what its like the be Boris in his world of idealism and nothing even happens to me. Its nice! :laugh:

Any ideas as to why?

I thought its possibly down to the British colours as its the only thing that's changed. Or possibly its a short spell and will turn drastically horrible soon.

Food for thought.

Puddles

Do I need to get the spray plaster out?
Recently I have been cycling for a good solid week and I have been doing it in the British cycling kit.
Not a problem. Normally I get a close pass once in a while to spice the week up(hope that's taken as intended) but nothing. Plenty of room not even tailgating! :wacko:

Its been weirdly good.
I guess now I know what its like the be Boris in his world of idealism and nothing even happens to me. Its nice! :laugh:

Any ideas as to why?

I thought its possibly down to the British colours as its the only thing that's changed. Or possibly its a short spell and will turn drastically horrible soon.

Food for thought.

Have you got larger or wobblier? Or was it 1/2 term week in your area?

OP
OP
Cycling Dan

Cycling Dan

Cycle Crazy
I think that private schools are having half term this week, but I could be wrong.
Not sure if there are many private schools by the coast. I know of an ex one but that being said i'm not a expert on the location of private schools in my area. They are likely in the sky to keep away from all the plebs.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
The lower volume of traffic is quite noticeable down here in London. Far fewer big 4x4s doing the school run.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
Somehow I think my experience would differ considerably were I to wear British cycling kit around here. The nationalistic tendencies stirred up in the hooligan element by the SNP would see me become a target I fear.

Brandane

Legendary Member
I occasionally wear a football top in the colours of the Jamaican national team. Mainly because it is yellow and very bright. Unfortunately, from a distance behind it could be mistaken for a Celtic "away" top, which immediately makes you a target for about 80% of the population in these parts!

Last edited:

Hip Priest

Veteran
Yeah, they probably think you're a young olympian or something. Add in the camera on your bonce, and they probably fear becoming headline news as 'the driver who knocked off Britain's Gold Medal hero'.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
I occasionally wear a football top in the colours of the Jamaican national team. Mainly because it is yellow and very bright. Unfortunately, from a distance behind it could be mistaken for a Celtic "away" top, which immeditely makes you a target for about 80% of the population in these parts!

The tribalism in some areas of Scotland is ridiculous.

Sara_H

Guru
Sometimes you have a good week, sometimes you have a bad week.

I've had a really bad week this week, the number of drivers that have seen fit to gamble with my life has been above avarage. I got a bit down about it yesterday. The cumulative effect of the close passes, brake checks, left hooks, right hooks, pull outs got on top of me and I began to lose all faith in the human race.

Hopefully next week will be better.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Sometimes you have a good week, sometimes you have a bad week.

I've had a really bad week this week, the number of drivers that have seen fit to gamble with my life has been above avarage. I got a bit down about it yesterday. The cumulative effect of the close passes, brake checks, left hooks, right hooks, pull outs got on top of me and I began to lose all faith in the human race.

Hopefully next week will be better.
:hugs:

Top Bottom