What to do with a broken TV

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

upsidedown

Waiting for the great leap forward
Yesterday Mrs UD threw a Wii remote at the TV during a bowling game.
The TV is now shagged, a 42" LCD job, about 4 months old.

It's not repairable, any ideas what to do with it ? Seems a shame to take it to the tip. You can't buy replacement screens.

I'd happily do without one but i've been out-voted.

Ideas ?

darthpaul

Needs recycling properly and if repair is too expensive then that has to be the tip to make sure that its dealt with correctly. Or if you think someone might fancy a stab at repair you could try selling on ebay for spares or repair.

OP
OP
upsidedown

upsidedown

Waiting for the great leap forward
darthpaul said:
Needs recycling properly and if repair is too expensive then that has to be the tip to make sure that its dealt with correctly. Or if you think someone might fancy a stab at repair you could try selling on ebay for spares or repair.

Insurance has paid for a replacement so feel a bit bad about making anything from it, especially on ebay which i avoid where possible.

snorri

Legendary Member
upsidedown said:

There is place in my locality that takes broken electrical/electronic stuff. Try phoning your local authority, they should be able to advise.

PS I have PMd you the address for Noodley Towers, you could just drop it off anywhere around there.;)

Noodley

snorri said:
PS I have PMd you the address for Noodley Towers, you could just drop it off anywhere around there.;)

Everyone else does so why not! There's a place a few 100 metres along our road which is a regular 'dump'...why Mrs N bothers phoning for 'large collections' and getting charged when we have big items to move I don't know :rofl::biggrin:

Noodley

Worry not Mr snorri, for I and others get our own back - there is a McD burger place nearby as well so we had ir share of 'rubbish' from them, but they do not pick it up ('not ourjob/responsibilty') so we take everything (TVs Tyres etc and McD stuff) and take it to McD carpark...and leave it - not our job :biggrin::evil:

Things seem to have improved....:smile:

Crankarm

Guru
Noodley said:
Everyone else does so why not! There's a place a few 100 metres along our road which is a regular 'dump'...why Mrs N bothers phoning for 'large collections' and getting charged when we have big items to move I don't know :smile::biggrin:

:thumbsup:

Top Bottom