What to do with a E-bike nobber

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Levo-Lon

Guru
As i leave work on my bike, cycle-footpath route 2 metres wide.
Nearly every time i get passed by a tozzpot on a de-restricted E-bike.

Id guess 28-30 mph and ridden with no care.
This path has many blind cross junctions a care home several schools ranging from yr one to seniors.

I had a chat to a young PC in her van who told me to go 101route.. I said i could film him but she advised me not to, as this may cause him to react angrily... Well he's making me very angry so bring it on:laugh:

Now this bloke is about 50 yrs old, I've shouted at him to slow down but he doesn't take any notice.

So what to do before he kills or badly injures someone.

I'm tempted to do him with a bucket of soapy water so he crashes and hurts himself, i really feel that would be a fair punishment for this ahole. But he could end up dead so obviously cant do that.
Blocking his path would mean confrontation and probably a battle.

Whats the CC general consensus on getting this nobber stopped.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
Report to police and let them deal with it. I don’t know why the cop told you to call 101, she should have taken the relevant details from you directly. He appears to have a predictable routine so should be easy enough for them to collar.

Report to police and let them deal with it. I don’t know why the cop told you to call 101, she should have taken the relevant details from you directly. He appears to have a predictable routine so should be easy enough for them to collar.
Yes - and keep a good record of the report.
If the cops do nothing and then he is involved in an incident they aren't going to look too clever.

OP
OP
Levo-Lon

Levo-Lon

Guru
Report it. Its no different to someone riding an unregistered, uninsured motorcycle or moped.

I think what the PC was thinking was report it, but then said it may take an hr for a response:laugh:

It needs a trafic cop on a bike to catch this fecker

Smudge

Veteran
I think what the PC was thinking was report it, but then said it may take an hr for a response:laugh:

It needs a trafic cop on a bike to catch this fecker

These non road legal ebikes are getting too commonplace now, they really need to be addressed by the police. Even more so as they're not just being used on the public highway, but on cycle paths where pedestrians are.
The guy on a illegal ebike that hit and killed that Turkish woman in London, should be on trial sometime this month. Maybe that will put the spotlight on the situation of these illegal ebikes.

OP
OP
Levo-Lon

Levo-Lon

Guru
These non road legal ebikes are getting too commonplace now, they really need to be addressed by the police. Even more so as they're not just being used on the public highway, but on cycle paths where pedestrians are.
The guy on a illegal ebike that hit and killed that Turkish woman in London, should be on trial sometime this month. Maybe that will put the spotlight on the situation of these illegal ebikes.

That's what's going to happen here, probably a child.
So many blind junctions 6 foot fences and hedges.. People walking dogs on long leads.
The copper asked if he had number plates, no i replied that would be too easy..

OP
OP
Levo-Lon

Levo-Lon

Guru
A very fit traffic copper....

I was thinking BMW 1200cc ;)

Smudge

Veteran
That's what's going to happen here, probably a child.
So many blind junctions 6 foot fences and hedges.. People walking dogs on long leads.
The copper asked if he had number plates, no i replied that would be too easy..

Trouble is, the police are unlikely to have the manpower to police these cycle paths, or put officers on duty in the vicinity waiting to catch this guy.
So he will probably carry on getting away with it, until he hits someone. Even then its likely he will just ride away from any collision scene.

OP
OP
Levo-Lon

Levo-Lon

Guru
Report it. Presumably hes in the same area at the same time every day? If the feds haven't stopped him within a week demand to know why - they'd be all over an unlicensed or uninsured car driver, and users of other motor vehicles shouldn't be treated any differently.

Well we can but hope, I'm still thinking a piece of wood across his mush as he passes me like a mad fecker.. So tempted..

He frightened a young mum and her kid tonight, i shouted at him again, said to the young lady, im on to him.
Ill try the ood bill tomorrow and get our local residents association involved

Last edited:

annedonnelly

Girl from the North Country
It's no different to the blokes on scrambler motorbikes that i see on cyclepaths. i report via 101 and I know the police would love to catch them - obviously it's difficult for them to be in the right place at the right time. I must admit I get sick of reporting them & tend to avoid the places they're most likely to be.

I've nearly been hit by some of them & dread to think what the outcome will be if they meet a toddler on the path. That's why I continue to report them - at least if something does happen it's not because I ignored it :sad:

If this bloke is in the same place everyday he should be easier to track down.

Top Bottom