what to do

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lee_M

Guru
following a difference of opinion at work I have just recently resigned, and so have 3 months gardning leave coming

so what to do....

lots of rides out into essex
a destination ride or two ( i have family in yorkshire and chester)

something else

any ideas?

it has to be in the uk, as I have to be officially available for work although they wont call me in

OP
OP
Lee_M

Lee_M

Guru
How about finding a new job?

sod that!

im in the lucky position finacially that i can take some time off, and I cant start a new job before september anyway
ive worked constantly for 30 years, so want a bit of a reward

OP
OP
Lee_M

Lee_M

Guru
How about this 3-day mini-tour in Yorkshire and Lancashire that I planned for a new CC member in 2011? I don't think he ever got round to it and it seems a shame for all my hard work to go to waste! :thumbsup:

ooh thanks, Ill spend some time digging through that. would it be suitable for a roadbike with stupid tyres?

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
ooh thanks, Ill spend some time digging through that. would it be suitable for a roadbike with stupid tyres?
I suppose it depends on what do you mean by 'stupid tyres'!

It is all on road apart from an optional bit along the Calder Valley cycleway which I do on my road bike except when it is wet. (You could just ride down the A646 instead.)

It is a very hilly route, so you'd have to like climbs!

pplpilot

Guru
Couple of trips to the Lakes, do a few of the bigger climbs. We're off there later in the month for 3 days.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
I'm planning to do the West Yorkshire Cycle Route - 150-ish miles - in mid-August. It'll probably be on a Monday, Friday or Saturday due to family/childcare issues.

There's been 3 discussions on CC: here, here and here where people have considered it/done part of it/done it over 2 days.

Me? I'm stupid. So I'm looking at a 1-day blast from early am to late eve starting at West Bretton, just past the Hemsworth bit doing high, high then flat to finish off.

Once it's a bit more organised I'll post it on here to see if anyone wants to join me.

Brains

Legendary Member
On the basis that you can be at work next day from anywhere in Europe as easily as you can from any where in the UK, why limit yourself to the UK.
In three months you could cross Europe. What an adventure, and someone else is paying for it.

Ciar

Veteran
If your bored on a weekend I am well up for riding some trails as your only round the corner from me, also have some time of myself soon, so might get a cheeky ride in midweek as long as the wife doesn't try to remove bits from me first.

Glow worm

Legendary Member
Agree with others about heading for Europe (work'll never know!). I rode to Amsterdam and back a year or two ago and met up with Mrs G there (who flew) and we had a great time. And that was only a day's ride. You could ride to say, Switzerland in a week, Mrs Lee can fly or train it out there to meet you, have a nice holiday with her there for a bit, then pootle home.
Via Vladivostock ^_^

OP
OP
Lee_M

Lee_M

Guru
On the basis that you can be at work next day from anywhere in Europe as easily as you can from any where in the UK, why limit yourself to the UK.
In three months you could cross Europe. What an adventure, and someone else is paying for it.

yebbut youre forgetting two things

a) i can get back in 24 hours, but my bike might not
b) i like UK and feel there are plenty of places I havent cycled yet

OP
OP
Lee_M

Lee_M

Guru
If your bored on a weekend I am well up for riding some trails as your only round the corner from me, also have some time of myself soon, so might get a cheeky ride in midweek as long as the wife doesn't try to remove bits from me first.

may take you up on that if my hybrid is still functional thx

Top Bottom