what to do

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Lee_M

Lee_M

Guru
I suppose it depends on what do you mean by 'stupid tyres'!

It is all on road apart from an optional bit along the Calder Valley cycleway which I do on my road bike except when it is wet. (You could just ride down the A646 instead.)

It is a very hilly route, so you'd have to like climbs!

one of my goals is to improve on hills, Essex leaves a bit to be desired on that front!

Milzy

Guru
I'm planning to do the West Yorkshire Cycle Route - 150-ish miles - in mid-August. It'll probably be on a Monday, Friday or Saturday due to family/childcare issues.

There's been 3 discussions on CC: here, here and here where people have considered it/done part of it/done it over 2 days.

Me? I'm stupid. So I'm looking at a 1-day blast from early am to late eve starting at West Bretton, just past the Hemsworth bit doing high, high then flat to finish off.

Once it's a bit more organised I'll post it on here to see if anyone wants to join me.

Nice ride, I could be tempted.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I'm planning to do the West Yorkshire Cycle Route - 150-ish miles - in mid-August. It'll probably be on a Monday, Friday or Saturday due to family/childcare issues.

There's been 3 discussions on CC: here, here and here where people have considered it/done part of it/done it over 2 days.

Me? I'm stupid. So I'm looking at a 1-day blast from early am to late eve starting at West Bretton, just past the Hemsworth bit doing high, high then flat to finish off.

Once it's a bit more organised I'll post it on here to see if anyone wants to join me.
I've done most of it at one time or another, including the southern half in one ride, but I have never strung it altogether in one day. It's still on my to-do list, but not for this year! :thumbsup:

Mid-August would give you 15-16 hours of daylight to get round if you start around dawn. I'm sure that you could do it quicker than that but it would be nice not having to rush.

Brains

Legendary Member
yebbut youre forgetting two things

a) i can get back in 24 hours, but my bike might not
b) i like UK and feel there are plenty of places I havent cycled yet

A) Who cares ? if they call you back for a few days, leave the bike, do the work and then go back and continue from where you were
B) true, but when are you ever going to get 3 months off with someone else picking up the tab

in 2000/2001 I was owed 90 days overtime, I elected to take it as time off in lieu instead of money ( much to the relief of the boss) I travelled from New York to LA overland, and then flew to Ecuador and travelled down to Chile. a once In a lifetime opportunity

OP
OP
Lee_M

Lee_M

Guru
A) Who cares ? if they call you back for a few days, leave the bike, do the work and then go back and continue from where you were
B) true, but when are you ever going to get 3 months off with someone else picking up the tab

in 2000/2001 I was owed 90 days overtime, I elected to take it as time off in lieu instead of money ( much to the relief of the boss) I travelled from New York to LA overland, and then flew to Ecuador and travelled down to Chile. a once In a lifetime opportunity

thx. maybe you are just more comfortable travelling outside the UK than I am

OP
OP
Lee_M

Lee_M

Guru
Get your tent out, put a rack on your bike. Fit 28c tyres and then cycle from Morecombe to Bridlington on the Way of the Roses and then back again in the C2C route. :thumbsup:

probably the first trek domane 5.2 with a rack :-)

if I do any touring it wont need a tent, it'll be from nice hotel to nice hotel, I dont believe in slummingit!

OP
OP
Lee_M

Lee_M

Guru
well I had my HR meeting today and my final official day is this Friday, and they are giving me PILON (pay in lieu of notice) for the rest of my notice.
Maybe better start planning my next 2 months cycling

byegad

Legendary Member
How about finding a new job?

Work is the curse of the drinking classes. I suspect Lee-M is so sought after he only needs to click his fingers for employers to run a mile form a queue. :becool:

OP
OP
Lee_M

Lee_M

Guru
Work is the curse of the drinking classes. I suspect Lee-M is so sought after he only needs to click his fingers for employers to run a mile form a queue. :becool:

bit of both tbh - clients like me because I tell them what they need to know, managers hate me because I tell clients what they need to know

Top Bottom