What to look for on a CX bike?

Do you love epic awesome gum wall knobbys!

• YES YES YES!

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • No they are meh

Votes: 4 40.0%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
A.Z.KOETSIER

A.Z.KOETSIER

Seems i'm not alone :smile: , Citius what have you started!

''A reader sent me this just now, scoffing at it and all I could think when I saw it was “holy shoot, that looks fun!” Call it a monster cross, or a dirt drop 29’r, bikepacking rig, or whatever… yes, beach racer. This bike looks like a marketing hit gone awry, turned legit trail ripper. Also, I love the bars. All it needs are some 2.5″ gumwall Ardents.

Has anyone seen one in person? See more at Koga.''

http://theradavist.com/2014/10/kogas-beachracer-just-looks-like-trail-ripper/
Screen Shot 2015-11-17 at 16.59.14.png

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Koga make superb bikes. Ive got 3.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Trying my luck, I noticed there are quite a few indeed. would you suggest any?

I bought mine in Denmark.

I am not sure of your question. But I used to ride TREK bikes and I think Koga are so much better. They are all excellent bikes. Great to ride and very well made.

Here is my brand new (today) Koga Solacio. All Carbon, Di2

image.jpg

My everyday runaround, light tourer, Koga Roadchamp

image.jpg

My Koga World Traveller tourer.

image_zpsea6c5bee.jpg

Last edited:

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Pretty cool, I have sent out an email to most the UK KOGA reps.

What is it you are looking for?

Its a great time to buy. I got £600 knocked off the price of my Solacio.

OP
OP
A.Z.KOETSIER

A.Z.KOETSIER

None that I'm familiar with, unfortunately. They will all sell you the same bike, so just pick the nearest.

Ok cool, I stay in Jersey thus enquired at the reps along the channel and a few further in.

What is it you are looking for?

Its a great time to buy. I got £600 knocked off the price of my Solacio.

Woh maybe i should buy from denmark! I'm looking at the Koga beachracer that Citius introduced, something about it moves me (maybe the fact that I can fit a massive area of gumwall on it)

oldroadman

Veteran
Just trying to work out if this is a play about/posing bike, or intended for racing. If it's racing performance is everything, anything that gets in the way of that has to be dealt with. That is all. Enjoy.:smile:

OP
OP
A.Z.KOETSIER

A.Z.KOETSIER

Just trying to work out if this is a play about/posing bike, or intended for racing. If it's racing performance is everything, anything that gets in the way of that has to be dealt with. That is all. Enjoy.:smile:

In summary I'm looking for a bike to ride fast on road for winter training and to ride on some off road trails. Thus my initial interest with CX bikes.

I wouldn't mind doing the odd CX race for fun. but its not my main intent, from what I have heard many people just ride the CX courses here in Jersey on MTBs

I don't want a full MTB as the geometry is to relaxed (Reach vs Stack) for stimulating my road position.

I'm not worried about UCI CX racing/rules and don't mind a bike with bigger tyres to have the option of really smashing some trails or probably myself.

Considering I weight the same as a pro tandem team the extra volume in the tyres will probably be better at the extreme low pressures I see the off road guys run.

Seems the Koga ticks all my boxes

oldroadman

Veteran
In summary I'm looking for a bike to ride fast on road for winter training and to ride on some off road trails. Thus my initial interest with CX bikes.

I wouldn't mind doing the odd CX race for fun. but its not my main intent, from what I have heard many people just ride the CX courses here in Jersey on MTBs

I don't want a full MTB as the geometry is to relaxed (Reach vs Stack) for stimulating my road position.

I'm not worried about UCI CX racing/rules and don't mind a bike with bigger tyres to have the option of really smashing some trails or probably myself.

Considering I weight the same as a pro tandem team the extra volume in the tyres will probably be better at the extreme low pressures I see the off road guys run.

Seems the Koga ticks all my boxes
Sounds like - just enjoy. Have a great time! ^_^

Top Bottom