What to look for on a CX bike?

Do you love epic awesome gum wall knobbys!

• YES YES YES!

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • No they are meh

Votes: 4 40.0%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Citius

not really - that situation is pretty fluid at the moment. 140/160 rotors seem to be the norm, but axle sizes still vary from regular 9mm QR to thru-axle, with no real standard...

Nobody said he couldn't. But in order to identify the right kind of tyre (badass or otherwise), some idea of intended use is always helpful, as I'm sure you appreciate.

I agree. I (wrongly) assumed you were sniping at him, as seems to be the wont recently on here when folk ask a simple enough question: for example, one of the now deleted posts.

Apologies for tarring you with the same brush.

U

User19783

Have you given any thought of a Gravel bike?
You can fit wider range of tyres than on a cx bike.

outlash

also available in orange
Have you given any thought of a Gravel bike?
You can fit wider range of tyres than on a cx bike.

Like what?

FWIW, if you want the baddest-assed tyre on your 'crosser, these are what the pros use: http://www.empella.co.uk/2014/06/06/dugast-tubs/ . I've been racing on Schwalbe Rocket Rons so far this season without any problems, very decent tyre for the money. I've seen a lot of riders use Challenge Grifo's as well.

OP
OP
A.Z.KOETSIER

A.Z.KOETSIER

Like what?

FWIW, if you want the baddest-assed tyre on your 'crosser, these are what the pros use: http://www.empella.co.uk/2014/06/06/dugast-tubs/ . I've been racing on Schwalbe Rocket Rons so far this season without any problems, very decent tyre for the money. I've seen a lot of riders use Challenge Grifo's as well.

Those are indeed the baddest-assed! Even seen them smashing Paris-Roubaix.

U

User19783

I like this bike , fitted with these tyres.
Screenshot_2015-11-17-15-14-43.png
Screenshot_2015-11-17-15-16-40.png

OP
OP
A.Z.KOETSIER

A.Z.KOETSIER

25mm upgrade on road was great, rode harder on worse roads
35-38mm CX - That must be quite something*
41mm Gravel - I can ride over anything!*
Koga beachracer - take my money now!*

*Gumwalls must be mounted

Top Bottom