what torque wrench NM range for a Cannondale Supersix?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hello, for a Cannondale Supersix, what torque wrench Nm range would suffice? (I've yet to receive the bike yet so don't have it or its manual yet). Thanks :smile:

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
What are you anticipating needing to adjust? Bars, stem, seatpost etc. will be 4-7 Nm give or take. Bigger if you're expecting to have to do stuff like rotor lockrings and cassette (40)

Crank pinch bolts are 12-14, similar to through axels but ofc a Dale will not have HTII out of the box anyway unless you're putting a crank based PM on there.

OP
OP
B

bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb

What are you anticipating needing to adjust?
Just at the moment, get the bike ridable: the bike is boxed so had the seat post and handlebars etc. removed/undone. Think the stem bolt has been undone.

Bars, stem, seatpost etc. will be 4-7 Nm give or take.
Is that really right? I had it in mind that, maybe seat post, was way more than that, like 40 or something... I haven't had a carbon bike for ages.

Just browsing similar threads, maybe a 2-14 roughly wrench, then one if necessary for round 40. That fits with what you said Sittingduck.

Thanks.

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
Just at the moment, get the bike ridable: the bike is boxed so had the seat post and handlebars etc. removed/undone. Think the stem bolt has been undone.

Is that really right? I had it in mind that, maybe seat post, was way more than that, like 40 or something... I haven't had a carbon bike for ages.

Just browsing similar threads, maybe a 2-14 roughly wrench, then one if necessary for round 40. That fits with what you said Sittingduck.

Thanks.

Seat post bolts are actually pretty low torque - for cockpit and setup get the low range one (up to 15 should do most stuff) and the big dog is only needed for serious bolts, which you are unlikely to have to mess with on a new bike. FWIW I use a torque wrench for the smaller range bolts and if I need to do a cassette LR for example go on my in-built feeling of B*****d tight

Reactions: C R

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
fiber grip and 4-5Nm max for the seatpost I am betting but do read the little etched on readings and if there are 2 on adjacent components (post and clamp for example) pick the lower of them.

edit even 5 may be high these days

Reactions: DRM
fiber grip and 4-5Nm max for the seatpost I am betting but do read the little etched on readings and if there are 2 on adjacent components (post and clamp for example) pick the lower of them.

Mines 10.

DRM

Guru

This ^^^ in the name of everything that’s holy don’t do the seatpost up to 40nm

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
1/4in drive, wouldn't need more than 20nm realistically. The biggest torque settings is a cassette lockring and nobody ever panics about that, the common and popular Jobsworth one is 2--24 and perfect

Last edited:
Top Bottom