What Track Pump?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Debian

I need a new one and want to spend as little as possible, but as much as absolutely necessary for a dependable and durable track pump.

Built in accurate pressure guage is a must, as is dual fitting for presta and schraeder.

Recommendations please.

Moodyman

Legendary Member
Aldi & Lidl's £5 thingies are pretty good for the price. I have two and they've lasted me 2 years. I have no problems getting to 120 PSI.

Having said that, I used the local bike shops Topeak Joe Blow and it was pretty good. Think I'll get one when the Aldi/Lidl ones finally die.

potsy

Rambler
I can confirm the Topeak Joe Blow II is pretty decent,dual sided head,easy to read guage and gets my tyres to 120 with not too much difficulty.
Around £22 last time I looked.

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
Worth checking your local Lidl to see if they have any left - I bought one a couple of weeks ago reduced to £3.99 (!) It is actually a Beto pump, very similar to this one Beto pump and the gauge appears to be pretty accurate.

Aldi & Lidl's £5 thingies are pretty good for the price. I have two and they've lasted me 2 years. I have no problems getting to 120 PSI.

Having said that, I used the local bike shops Topeak Joe Blow and it was pretty good. Think I'll get one when the Aldi/Lidl ones finally die.

I've got a couple from Aldi/ Lidl and they are good for cheap emergencies but mine really struggle over 85psi and their valve fittings are pretty poor.

I also use a Ed Co Op track pump (it was about the middle of the range when I was looking to buy one) and I can't fault it.

the_mikey

Legendary Member
I use a Topeak Joe Blow 'Sport' track pump and that is the best pump I've ever used, makes very light work of getting tyres up to 120psi.

OP
OP
Debian

Debian

Thanks for that.

I was thinking of the Joe Blow so you've helped make up my mind.

I have a couple of the Aldi pumps and the valve fittings on both have given up the ghost after 6 months fairly light use :sad:

Thanks everyone.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Joe Blow Max 2. £22 from ChainReaction. I can pump my tyres up to 110 psi quite quickly, but quite a lot of force is required. Body weight is on your side ,however. It will probably go higher, but I have never needed to try with the current bike. The dual head works well, and you get a couple of fittings for footballs and airbeds (never used yet).

Top Bottom