What TV are you watching?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Just finished Stranger Things 2, can't wait for 3!
Thoroughly enjoyed ST2... so much so i began watching the first series again. Part of me hopes they just leave it at two series. Better to end on a high than continue dragging it out and lose the plot, just like Lost did. I'm pretty sure there will be a third series, I just hope they've learnt from JJ Abram's mistakes and proceed with caution.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
I watched the first episode of Punisher, this will be the first marvel series for me, I'd like to watch more but work takes so much of my time, well I just don't have the time...anyway I enjoyed episode 1 and I will try to watch it on my days off, I like the more darker stories so this should be right up my street.
You'd probably like Daredevil & Jessica Jones, in that case. Daredevil, in particular, ties in to Punisher.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
They're all great in different ways, but if you were to rate them in soundtrack order Luke Cage is miles in front. Likewise if you ordered them by opening credits Punisher wins easily.
I don't see Luke Cage being thematically dark in the way the person I was responding to seemed to favour though. Maybe I need to revisit it?

Cage has the best soundtrack by a country mile (and episodes named after Gangstarr tracks), Daredevil has my favourite theme tune, etc etc

OP
OP
AndyRM

AndyRM

XOXO
I don't see Luke Cage being thematically dark in the way the person I was responding to seemed to favour though. Maybe I need to revisit it?

Cage has the best soundtrack by a country mile (and episodes named after Gangstarr tracks), Daredevil has my favourite theme tune, etc etc

That's true, maybe because of Cage's desire to do the right thing? Keeps it lighter.

OP
OP
AndyRM

AndyRM

XOXO
[QUOTE 5048247, member: 9609"]Howards End continues to be brilliant, best drama on TV by a country mile. So nice not to have the usual crime murder torture rape buggery blasphemy abortion bolloxs that is now the standard entertainment.[/QUOTE]

Just as well Taboo is over and Peaky Blinders hasn't started again...

DaveReading

Don't suffer fools gladly (must try harder!)
[QUOTE 5048247, member: 9609"]Howards End continues to be brilliant, best drama on TV by a country mile. So nice not to have the usual crime murder torture rape buggery blasphemy abortion bolloxs that is now the standard entertainment.[/QUOTE]

Beautifully shot, too.

Apart from the continual reminders of what has happened so far after every ad break.
I know, but it happens with quite a few programmes nowadays, even Grand Designs

Home from work, showered, eating by 20:45
Was going to watch Star-Trek : Discovery, but it's finished the first series, & isn't back until into January

So, it was a decision between 'Gotham' (series 3, & the introduction of Jervis Tetch!!), or introducing the daughter to the odd delights of 'Tank Girl' on Netflix
Lori Petty won

Apart from the fact that Amelia's not sure what to make of it............ wait till we get to the part with the Rippers tomorrow evening!
I'm sure that it influenced the costume design for the Suicide Squad film version of Harley Quinn

Last edited:
Top Bottom