What TV are you watching?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
AndyRM

AndyRM

XOXO
Detectorists new series and re runs of League of gentlemen.Cant have too much of a good thing.

I didn't know Detectorists was back, thank you! Been watching too much Netflix stuff.

Speaking of which, I watched the first episode of Punisher. It looks wonderful and I did enjoy it, particularly the sense of isolation, but I can't help thinking Netflix are starting to push their luck a bit with The Defenders.

Tin Pot

Guru
Started watching Stranger Things 2 last night... much like the first series, it's bingeable viewing... four-and-half episodes in one sitting. I wish my 1984 was as exciting as theirs.

+1

Just finished Stranger Things 2 - it's very good :smile:

I know all the D&D references too! Woot!

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
The Good Place (Netflix)
A woman dies, and finds herself in, to all intents and purposes, heaven. However, she didn't live a particularly good life, so what happens now? Beginning with her trying not to give the game away (and so be sent to The Bad Place), this snappy little comedy spirals out further, with more people being drawn into her dilemma.

Stranger Things s2 (Netflix)
A worthy sequel to the first series, I think. Will has returned from the upside down, but keeps slipping back into visions of it. Is that flashbacks from the trauma of his experiences, or something more sinister?

Outlander s3 (Prime)
I'd forgotten about this for a couple of weeks - catching up with it again, the action returns to 18th century Scotland and, I'd argue picks up as a result.

Mr Robot s3 (Prime)
The first rule of Hack Club, is you do not talk about Hack Club. The second, is probably something about very dark frames. I like this series a lot, but the murkiness of most of the shots, and the denseness of the dialogue make it difficult to binge - I'm still only one episode in!

Detectorists S3 (iPlayer)
A setting up episode, more or less, reintroducing us to the characters and outlining their challenges for the series. Still funny, gentle and in some indefinable way, very British.

Creeped Out! (iPlayer)
I wrote about this in the thread already - suffice to say that it's a decent twist in the tale horror anthology, made for Children's BBC. No gore, and the ideas stand or fall according to the concepts the writers have dreamt up. very good so far.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
The Good Place (Netflix)
A woman dies, and finds herself in, to all intents and purposes, heaven. However, she didn't live a particularly good life, so what happens now? Beginning with her trying not to give the game away (and so be sent to The Bad Place), this snappy little comedy spirals out further, with more people being drawn into her dilemma.

Stranger Things s2 (Netflix)
A worthy sequel to the first series, I think. Will has returned from the upside down, but keeps slipping back into visions of it. Is that flashbacks from the trauma of his experiences, or something more sinister?

Outlander s3 (Prime)
I'd forgotten about this for a couple of weeks - catching up with it again, the action returns to 18th century Scotland and, I'd argue picks up as a result.

Mr Robot s3 (Prime)
The first rule of Hack Club, is you do not talk about Hack Club. The second, is probably something about very dark frames. I like this series a lot, but the murkiness of most of the shots, and the denseness of the dialogue make it difficult to binge - I'm still only one episode in!

Detectorists S3 (iPlayer)
A setting up episode, more or less, reintroducing us to the characters and outlining their challenges for the series. Still funny, gentle and in some indefinable way, very British.

Creeped Out! (iPlayer)
I wrote about this in the thread already - suffice to say that it's a decent twist in the tale horror anthology, made for Children's BBC. No gore, and the ideas stand or fall according to the concepts the writers have dreamt up. very good so far.

@John the Monkey

Yes, Detectorists was brilliant. I like off-beat humour like that and also really enjoyed Our Country which, with very different subject matter, was in the same vein of homour.

Sandra6

Veteran
Just finished Stranger Things 2, can't wait for 3!
We're watching TImeless at the moment. 3 people in a time machine chasing "the bad guys" who stole the other time machine. I think I'm too much of a realist for this type of thing, but Mr6 is enjoying it.

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
We're watching TImeless at the moment. 3 people in a time machine chasing "the bad guys" who stole the other time machine.

Season 2 coming soon.

I watched the first episode of Punisher, this will be the first marvel series for me

I’ve watched the first two episodes and thoroughly enjoyed both. Bernthal does a great job showing the internal war within Frank Castle. :gun:

Top Bottom