What TV are you watching?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
The Sinner (Netflix)
Another from the streaming giant's banner ad file. This is a good, if rather unlikely seeming at times detective story. It begins with a seemingly random murder, and the troubled cop who lands the case sets out to unravel the killer's reasoning, discovering far more to her story than first meets the eye. Good performances from the leads, and the twists are keeping me interested so far.

Witnesses s2 (Temoins ) (iPlayer)
The second series of this French police procedural. Again, it stretches credulity at times, but is set in a part of France I know fairly well, and features Audrey Fleurot, who Spiral / Engresnages fans will know as Joséphine Karlsson. As of episode 4, the larger conspiracy is starting to be revealed...

Creeped Out! (iPlayer)
A more hopeful finish to this week's episode, maybe it's the San Junipero (to reference the more upbeat Black Mirror episode of their last series) of this season! As I've said before, these CBBC twist in the tale stories are jolly good, and worth making time for.

The Ashes (BTSport App, via Chromecast)
Well, if you want some disturbing images, watching England subside to 227 after Australia make over 440 has to be among them! I'm enjoying the coverage, particularly of the day/night test in Adelaide, which fits in nicely with a lazy weekend morning! Their 1 hour highlights packages aren't bad either.

I'm also still watching (but don't really have more to say about;
Designated Survivor S2 (Netflix)
Outlander (Prime)
Peaky Blinders s4 (iPlayer)
Detectorists s3 (iPlayer)

Lullabelle

Banana
Brunel on Channel 5 :okay:

Lullabelle

Banana
I will shortly be watching the last episode of Star Trek Voyager. Didn't get on with the programme first time around so when it was repeated we gave it another go, still didn't get on with it. Some episodes were ok others dreadful but I enjoyed the very last 2 episodes.

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
I will shortly be watching the last episode of Star Trek Voyager. Didn't get on with the programme first time around so when it was repeated we gave it another go, still didn't get on with it. Some episodes were ok others dreadful but I enjoyed the very last 2 episodes.

Some were very boring.

However episodes Like "Scorpion", "Equinox" and "Year of Hell" were very good.

I thought the last two episodes "Endgame" were superb, although I thought they rushed part II a little.

Lullabelle

Banana
Some were very boring.

However episodes Like "Scorpion", "Equinox" and "Year of Hell" were very good.

I thought the last two episodes "Endgame" were superb, although I thought they rushed part II a little.

I have always liked the Borg and enjoy pretty much any episode with them in. I agree that part 2 was quite rushed.

Threevok

I have always liked the Borg and enjoy pretty much any episode with them in.

Me too and have purchased every episode with them in

I also own a couple of episodes of TNG - my favorite being "Best of Both Worlds"

Threevok

The Wife is watching "Volcano". She loves her disaster movies

I just caught a scene where vets were treating injured animals.

Mostly plausible, but how the hell do you bandage a Boa Constrictor ? :laugh:

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
giphy.gif

Always enjoyed it, from the 'Caretaker' opening, to finding the Marquis, to the Borg (& Species 8472) to the very end
The Doctor expanding his programme (& getting married eventually)
B'elana & Tom getting married, then having a daughter (as seen in the End Game)

I won't even mention.... or drool.... over Seven of Nine (almost a comic actress, when the Doctor has to download his programme into her)

I watched a couple of DS9 episodes the other evening
'Far Beyond The Stars', when Ben Sisko is a sci-fi writer, in the 50's (& all the cast are in, without make-up/prosthetics)
Plus, 'In The Pale Moon-Light', & the attempt to get the Romulans involved in the war with the Dominion

As An Aside
The actor (Andrew Robinson) who plays Garak the Cadassion 'tailor', was the psycho serial-killer in Dirty Harry

Top Bottom