What TV are you watching?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
A three part mystery/drama from 1975... The Doll.

some bloke meets a young attractive widow on a plane and much intrigue ensues... too much intrigue in fact. The first two eps were good. The third shoddily tried to tie up all the loose ends but on the whole, it didn't make much sense. A pleasant nostalgia trip none the less.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
The 'A' word on BBC1, It's the second series of a drama about a family in Cumbria with an autistic son. Very good, very well acted and shows very accurately the pitfalls, trails, tribulations and pleasures of having an autistic child.

Porridge (2017) ..... what a pile of crap, not one original joke, and the lead actor Kevin Bishop kept trying to be Ronnie Barker playing Fletcher, it was just pisss poor.
I've just watched an episode of the original series, the one where McKay leaves and then returns (to a chorus of 'for he's a jolly good fellow'...). Brilliant comedy.

I watched about 30 seconds of the new version. Dross.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Having thoroughly enjoyed this year's series of Robot Wars, I'm currently watching the fifth wars from 2002. Great stuff.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 5070369, member: 9609"]Oh Yes - I just love this character too and he was in fine form in this weeks episode introducing his prodigy "He's godless, adopted by satin himself and returned out of fear of his awkwardness, his mother was terrified and abandoned him - he's like the birth of some brand new feckin species"

anyway - who is your money on for the big fight the Jew or the Gypsy ? suppose I should go with the Irish lad, but Alfies lad looks no push over. hmmm, if I was a gambling man I would lay a few quid on Irish[/QUOTE]
My quid's on David in the first round.

slow scot

Veteran
Creeped Out! (iPlayer)
The ya horror show turns it's attention to AI this week, and again, manages to put in a twist that I didn't see coming. I still think the strongest episode is "Cat Food" (episode 2) but these have been really good so far.

Detectorists, S3 (iPlayer)
A terrific episode this week, with a couple of laugh out loud moments among the more gentle humour. This series is edging toward National Treasure status, surely?

Lady Dynamite S2 (Netflix)
A terrific second season that doesn't out stay it's welcome, with a tight 8 episode run. Great use of the supporting characters, and some really good callbacks, particularly in the last episode.

Godless (Netflix)
Just started this - if you have Netflix, you'll have seen the banners at the top of your pages. It's a superior Western so far, taking its time to establish its characters and the stakes at play. Looking forward to seeing the rest of it.

Outlander S3 (Prime)
It definitely seems that the writers have backended the action in this season - another exciting episode and a proper cliffhanger this week.
Detectorists is just wonderful. Glad you think so too.

Top Bottom